Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Downgrade bos.rte.install ?
Operating Systems AIX Downgrade bos.rte.install ? Post 302513743 by johnf on Thursday 14th of April 2011 03:00:24 AM
Old 04-14-2011
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I believe there is nothing you can do apart from a complete restore from a mksysb (which I hope you have).

I will be quite happy for someone to contradict me as this will be good news for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How do I install bos.loc.iso.en_GB?

Hi, I need to install the package bos.loc.iso.en_GB on an AIX 5.3 server but try as I might I cannot find the file which contains this package. I have all the AIX 5.3 CDs and also the majority of the packages installed locally on the server. If I create a .toc file from the local packages I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
3 Replies

2. AIX

About bos.rte v=4,r<2

I have check the fileset with in AIX 4.2 and I have found this error after I type in lppchk -v. Can anyone help me out with this problem ? I am new here. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fla22
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.1 install bos.sysmgt.nim.master failed

I was trying to install bos.sysmgt.nim.master on AIX 5.1 with a mounted NFS source, but it failed: # installp -agXd /nfs/aix51cd1 bos.sysmgt.nim.master installp: APPLYING software for: bos.sysmgt.nim.master 5.1.0.50 restore: 0511-123 The volume on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezlee
0 Replies

4. AIX

Install fileset rsct.basic.rte

Hello! Please I need a help. AIX 5.2 5200-08 I don't have the fileset - rsct.basic.* installed and when I try to install from CD I have failure because some pre-requisists is necessary. In CD the version is rsct.basic.rte.2.3.1.0 and the pre-requisists is rsct.basic.rte.2.3.0.0. In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: clefeitosa
6 Replies

5. AIX

lppchk errors: bos.rte.filesystem

Hi all, I installed AIX 5.3 (TL 5300-08-01) and after that I updated to TL 5300-09-01. The problem is that, when I issue "lppchk -v" I get the following error: # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
10 Replies

6. AIX

bos.rte.5.2.0.10 - Failure to Install (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsf bad permissions)

I have a RS/6000 B80 which just had a disk failure; I've added a new drive and am in the process of rebuilding. I have reinstalled AIX 5.2 and am now looking to begin updating. (fyi this will be the second time I have attempted to rebuild this machine, the first time i installed ML 5200-10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wesiman
1 Replies

7. AIX

bos.rte missing or broken

Dear Members, Recently we migrate from AIX 5.2 to AIX 5.3, before migration system state was stable but after migration when I check system state with lppchk command it shows bos.rte v=5, r<3 file sets are missing but when I check bos.rte by lslpp command it is present and in committed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
11 Replies

8. Red Hat

Downgrade RedHat EL 5.3 to 5.2

HI, is there any way to downgrade my redhat el-5.3 to el-5.2? thanks... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
10 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 TL8 update : bos.aso doesn't install.

Hello. An update of TL from TL7 to TL8 is ending with errors : Requisite Failures ------------------ SELECTED FILESETS: The following is a list of filesets that you asked to install. They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets are also installed. See subsequent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
4 Replies

10. AIX

How to install bos.net.NFS.server 7.1.x.x ??

Hello Everyone, I am in quite a deliema, where do I get bos.net.nfs.server 7.1.0.0 from?? I am running AIX 7.1.3.3 & PowerHA 7.1.3 on this server. #lslpp -l |grep nfs bos.net.nfs.client 7.1.3.15 COMMITTED Network File System Client cluster.es.nfs.rte ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorkhali
0 Replies
SVN-BISECT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     SVN-BISECT(1)

NAME
svn-bisect - Bisect Subversion revisions to find a regression SYNOPSIS
svn-bisect start [good_rev [bad_rev]] svn-bisect {good|bad} [rev] svn-bisect run command svn-bisect reset svn-bisect status DESCRIPTION
svn-bisect helps to automate finding a bug or behavior change in a Subversion working copy. Given an initial "good" revision, with the desired or original behavior, and a newer "bad" revision, with the undesired or modified behavior, svn-bisect will do a binary search through the revision range to find which revision caused the change. svn-bisect must be initialized in a working copy, with svn-bisect start. It also needs to be given at least one good revision (the base- line) and one bad revision (known modified behavior) revision. Sub-commands: start Initializes or reinitializes svn-bisect; optionally takes good and bad revision parameters. good rev bad rev Tells svn-bisect that a revision is good or bad, defining or narrowing the search space. If not specified, revision defaults to the current revision in the working copy. svn-bisect will then update to a revision halfway between the new good and bad boundaries. If this update crosses a point where a branch was created, it switches in or out of the branch. reset Resets the working copy to the revision and branch where svn-bisect start was run. In the simple case this is equivalent to rm -r .svn-bisect; svn update, but not if it has crossed branches, and not if you did not start at the HEAD revision. In any case, svn-bisect never keeps track of mixed-revision working copies, so do not use svn-bisect in a working copy that will need to be restored to mixed revisions. status Prints a brief status message. run command Runs the bisection in a loop. You must have already defined initial good and bad boundary conditions. Each iteration through the loop runs command as a shell command (a single argument, quoted if necessary) on the chosen revision, then marks the revision as good or bad, based on the exit status of command. EXAMPLES
Assume you are trying to find which revision between 1250 and 1400 caused the make check command to fail. svn-bisect start 1250 1400 svn-bisect run 'make check' svn-bisect reset ENVIRONMENT
SVN The Subversion command-line program to call (default svn). FILES
.svn-bisect The directory containing state information, removed after a successful bisection. SEE ALSO
git-bisect(1). AUTHOR
Written by Robert Millan and Peter Samuelson, for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). 2009-10-22 SVN-BISECT(1)