Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help needed with a small shell script! Post 302513554 by win4luv on Wednesday 13th of April 2011 02:41:10 PM
Old 04-13-2011
help needed with a small shell script!

Thanks for the reply..

yes the names would be the same, I have just given the names for an example..

these are log files and i might be needing a max of 3 files.

I wud try this and update...Thanks a ton Smilie
win4luv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Shell Script

Hi I have the following columns in my input file which is sorted on ColA colA colB colC colD colE The data is such that for a single colA it can have multiple values of other columns, for eg the data can be colA colB colC ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is problem with this small shell script.. case statement related

Hi All, this small script is written to recognize user input character.. it is in small case .. upeer case or is a number... but when i input first capital letter say A.. it always gives small character.... what is the problem. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the character" read a case $a in )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnray31
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very small Shell Script Help...

The following Script takes each extension and determine what category it belongs and then moves it into a directory based on the extension. (for eg. 1.sh, 5.sh, 9.sh together; 4.csh, 120.csh, 6.csh together and 7.ksh, 2.ksh, 59.ksh together) and moves them to their respective directories viz.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small shell script help required

Hi Guys, Please can some one explain me the below part of code. In this code what is the use of the line in Bold. COPY=0 if ; then echo "$CONF exists and is non-empty - backing it up" SUFFIX=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` echo "cp -p $CONF $CONF.$SUFFIX" cp -p $CONF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to debug a small shell script (maybe AWK problem)?

Hi Buddies, The following is shell scripts which was borrowed from linux box for load average check. it runs good. (this structure is simple, when load average is too high, it will send alert to user) #!/usr/bin/ksh # Set threshold for 1, 5 and 15 minture load avarage # configured for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a small shell script

Hello Forum members, Have a nice day. I have to write a script for the following below scenario. There are 3 applications located in home directory(ie xyz/app) which have multiple directories and files of diff format(.sh,log,other formats). Case 1: I have to find the hardcoded... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help is needed

I have a file test.txt and i need to grep pattern "A.17" from that file. I know cat test.txt | grep A.17 will return the pattern, but it is returing like # VERSION=A.17 How can i take only A.17 from this if A.17 is found, ... do something if not found ... do something Please... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A small help needed in Logrotate

Hi, I wanted to know can a custom script can be made available to run in postroate endscript something like postrotate ./scriptpath/sh-script.sh endscript Is this the correct syntax, or it will require any modification? Thanks in Advance. Neeryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neeryan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed with Shell Script

I need help writing a Unix shell script that does the following: 1) Searches all of the files in a given directory that have the .acl file extension 2) Redirects the output of the search to a column in a .xls or .cvs file (Note: The column name in the spreadsheet file needs to be named... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijmoore
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - help needed

I want to take out the Z1 value from the lscfg outpu and use the below command to get it lscfg -vl hdisk0 | grep "Device Specific.(Z1)" | awk -F. '{print $NF}' # lscfg -vpl hdisk0 . . Device Specific.(Z0)........0000063268181002 Device Specific.(Z1)........020064a . And it works,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moorthikv
2 Replies
cups-files.conf(5)						    Apple Inc.							cups-files.conf(5)

NAME
cups-files.conf - file and directory configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The cups-file.conf file configures the files and directories used by the CUPS scheduler, cupsd(8). It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
The following directives are understood by cupsd(8). Consult the on-line help for detailed descriptions: AccessLog filename AccessLog syslog Defines the access log filename. ConfigFilePerm mode Specifies the permissions for all configuration files that the scheduler writes. DataDir path Specified the directory where data files can be found. DocumentRoot directory Specifies the root directory for the internal web server documents. ErrorLog filename ErrorLog syslog Specifies the error log filename. FatalErrors none FatalErrors all -kind [... -kind] FatalErrors kind [... kind] Specifies which errors are fatal, causing the scheduler to exit. "Kind" is "browse", "config", "listen", "log", or "permissions". FileDevice Yes FileDevice No Specifies whether the file pseudo-device can be used for new printer queues. FontPath directory[:directory:...] Specifies the search path for fonts. Group group-name-or-number Specifies the group name or ID that will be used when executing external programs. LogFilePerm mode Specifies the permissions for all log files that the scheduler writes. PageLog filename PageLog syslog Specifies the page log filename. Printcap Printcap filename Specifies the filename for a printcap file that is updated automatically with a list of available printers (needed for legacy applica- tions); specifying Printcap with no filename disables printcap generation. RemoteRoot user-name Specifies the username that is associated with unauthenticated root accesses. RequestRoot directory Specifies the directory to store print jobs and other HTTP request data. ServerBin directory Specifies the directory where backends, CGIs, daemons, and filters may be found. ServerCertificate filename Specifies the encryption certificate to use. ServerKey filename Specifies the encryption key to use. ServerRoot directory Specifies the directory where the server configuration files can be found. SystemGroup group-name [group-name ...] Specifies the group(s) to use for System class authentication. TempDir directory Specifies the directory where temporary files are stored. User user-name Specifies the user name or ID that is used when running external programs. SEE ALSO
classes.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), subscriptions.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2012 by Apple Inc. 19 November 2012 CUPS cups-files.conf(5)