Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make file newby question
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Make file newby question Post 302513469 by Perderabo on Wednesday 13th of April 2011 10:04:51 AM
Old 04-13-2011
Also you can just run make. Since no target is given on the command line, make will look in the makefile for the first target and make that. A target is a line with a colon. Your first target line is $(CMD): $(OBJS) where CMD is a marco with the value "AHeapOfStudents_exec".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for a newby

I am new to using nawk. When I put the following line in script file test1.awk I get the results: { print NR, length($0),NF} >nawk -f test1.awk head.txt 1 63 5 2 2622 188 3 2166 155 4 3192 228 5 2679 192 ..... but if I modify the test1.awk file to look like this: BEGIN {FS = ","}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: placroix1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and make 1st file same as 2nd file

I am trying to compare two file and make changes where ever its different. for example: Contents of file1 IP=192.165.89.11 NM=255.255.0.0 GW=192.165.89.1 Contents of file2 IP=192.165.89.11 NM=255.255.255.255 GW=192.165.89.1 NOTE HERE THAT NM IS DIFFERENT So i want the changes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
6 Replies

3. Programming

makeutility: how to get the make-file name inside of the make-file?

How I can get the current make-file name in a make-file So, if I run make with specified file:make -f target.mak is it possible to have the 'target' inside of the that 'target.mak' from the file name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

4. Programming

A question about Makefile run by GNU make

Hello everybody, Currently I'm learning how to build projects (C programming) with GNU make. I have a problem with one Makefile and I would appreciate if you could kindly give me a hand. Here is the environment: OS: Redhat linux 5 compiler: gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about a basic shell script: How to make sure it receives only one input?

Hello all! I am very new to shell and Linux in general (I just started 2 days ago), I am trying to write a script that adds the size of the directories and files in a given directory and displays messages if the user puts in something wrong. I think I have covered all the possible problems except... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2358
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newby needs help from an OpenSSL expert

Dear friends, Thank you for reading this post. Please download files here: http://www.idanfe.com/dl/files.zip This is my problem: I have to sign a file like my teste1.txt One sample signed file is example.txt I am also including a private key I generated called... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What difference does * make here ? (ls command question)

Solaris 10 (korn shell) I use -d option with ls command , when I want to suppress contents of the subdirectories being listed when listing all the directories and files in a directory. This is what man page says about -d option in ls command. -d If an argument is a directory,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make Utility Question

Hello, I'm a recent convert to UNIX and I'm attempting to understand exactly how the make utility is working under the hood. Now, I understand that each rule has a target, dependencies, and update command, but the thing I'm confused about is exactly how the utility is determining when to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kramer_102
1 Replies

9. Fedora

Newby: How to actually update software?!

Hi All - 1) I work with bigdate for a living, use lots of neat software, SAS, SQL Server, etc. I know how to get my data and such, analyze it, etc... 2) I use UNIX at work (Solaris mostly) and can easily navigate around Unix and get the job done, vi and sas -nodms are about my fav, and some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies
trigger(8)						      System Manager's Manual							trigger(8)

Name
       trigger - trigger a target node to request a down-line load

Syntax
       /etc/trigger node [ options ]

Description
       The command triggers the bootstrap mechanism of a target node, causing the target to request a down-line load.  Once a target node is trig-
       gered, it loads itself in whatever manner its primary loader is programmed to operate.  The target node could request a down-line load from
       the host that just triggered it or from another adjacent node, or the target node could load itself from its own mass storage device.

The  node argument is the name or address of the target node.  A node name consists of from one to six alphanumeric characters.	For single
       networks, a node address consists of a decimal integer (1-1023).  For multiple networks, a node address consist	of  two  decimal  integers
       (n.n), where the first indicates the network number (1-63), and the second indicates the node address (1-1023).

The  command requires the identification of the service circuit over which the load is performed, the Ethernet hardware address of the tar-
       get node, and the service password needed to gain access to the target.	This information is included in the nodes database entry  for  the
       target node.  A node entry is defined with the command.	For further information, see Alternatively, you can choose not to include a target
       node's service password in the nodes database for security reasons.  You must therefore specify this value in the command line by using the
       -p option.

Options
       -p     Uses the specified service and password (next arguments) in accessing the target node.

Examples
       This command triggers node Bangor to issue a down-line load request:
       # /etc/trigger bangor <RET>

See Also
       mop_mom(8), addnode(8), load(8), remnode(8), getnode(8), ccr(8)
       Guide to Local Area Transport Servers

trigger(8)