Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying corresponding entries based on search Post 302513182 by yinyuemi on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 02:15:34 PM
Old 04-12-2011
Hi Samingla,
it seems to work for me:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$1" "$2]=$4" "$5}NR>FNR{print NF?$0:a[x]"\n""object class: trs\n";if(/^cn:/) x=$0}' FS="[, ]" file2 file1
# entry-id: 100
cn: test@test1.com
abc: 111
def: 222
xyz: 333
id: 1111
object class: trs
# entry-id: 101
cn: test@test2.com
xyz: 334
id: 2222
# entry-id: 102
cn: test@test3.com
xyz: 335
id: 3333
# entry-id: 103
cn: test@test4.com
xyz: 336
id: 4444
# entry-id: 104
cn: test@test5.com
xyz: 337
id: 5555

Best,

Y

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

column based search

Hi, I need to search one file based on the entry from another; eg. file1 has entries; 45654 34768 12345 File2 has entries 23234 somestring 4312 45654 somestring 34768 12345 somestring 45654 so I need to pick first entry in file1 which eg. '45654' and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_007
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying files from one location to another based on a list

I have a text list of about 3,000 file names (image files), which exist on a server and that I want to copy over to another location. I understand the Unix cp code, but what's the string to have it copy multiple files based on an external list? Many thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebornhonest
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script: Copying and removing directories based on list

I am writing a simple backup script, but I cannot figure out how to remove directories that are found in a list. For example: DONT_COPY=" .adobe/ .bin/google-earth " tar -zcvf - * --exclude=$DONT_COPY | openssl des3 -salt -k $1 | dd of=$(hostname)-$(date +%Y%m%d).tbz > COPIED Note that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
4 Replies

4. SuSE

Search all files based on first and in all listed files search the second patterns

Hello Linux Masters, I am not a linux expert therefore i need help from linux gurus. Well i have a requirement where i need to search all files based on first patterns and after seraching all files then serach second pattern in all files which i have extracted based on first pattern.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Black-Linux
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace - pattern-based

Hey folks! I am new to shell-scripting, but I have a problem that I would like to solve using a script. I create very large html forms, used for randomized trials. In these forms, each question is supplied with a variable that looks something like this: PROJECT_formNN Where NN is the question... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roevhat
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files based on a pattern

Hi All, I need to find and list the last 5 days files in that exact name with "MIM" and copy to another directory. please help me in this there is around 30000 files Thanks Murali (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 969murali@gmail
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying lines from multiple logfiles, based on content of the line

d df d d (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larsk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying section of file based on search criteria

Hi Guru's, I am new to unix scripting. I have a huge file with user details in it(file2) and I have another file with a list of users(file1). Script has to search a user from file1 and get all the associated lines from file2. Example: fiel1: cn=abc cn=DEF cn=xyx File 2: dn:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a file based on a incremented folder name

I need to routinely cp a file out of the highest incremented folder named PROD_2_6.1_xxx where xxx (3 numerical values) is incremented only once a night starting at 100 and ending 999 over a period of time. I am not worried about copying a subset of a complete file while it is being created by some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sf_cb
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to directories based on first 6 character

guys, i did create a script but its too long, though it function the same. # cat nightlyscan.sh #!/usr/ksh deyt=`date +"%Y-%m-%d"` for i in `ls -lrt|grep $deyt|awk '{print $9}'` do cp -f $i /S1/Sophos/logger/ done # but i did not paste it all. this is the desired. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
9 Replies
LDAP_FIRST_ENTRY(3)					     Library Functions Manual					       LDAP_FIRST_ENTRY(3)

NAME
ldap_first_entry, ldap_next_entry, ldap_count_entries - LDAP result entry parsing and counting routines SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> ldap_count_entries(ld, result) LDAP *ld; LDAPMessage *result; LDAPMessage *ldap_first_entry(ld, result) LDAP *ld; LDAPMessage *result; LDAPMessage *ldap_next_entry(ld, entry) LDAP *ld; LDAPMessage *entry; DESCRIPTION
These routines are used to parse results received from ldap_result(3) or the synchronous LDAP search operation routines ldap_search_s(3) and ldap_search_st(3). The ldap_first_entry() routine is used to retrieve the first entry in a chain of search results. It takes the result as returned by a call to ldap_result(3) or ldap_search_s(3) or ldap_search_st(3) and returns a pointer to the first entry in the result. This pointer should be supplied on a subsequent call to ldap_next_entry() to get the next entry, the result of which should be supplied to the next call to ldap_next_entry(), etc. ldap_next_entry() will return NULL when there are no more entries. The entries returned from these calls are used in calls to the routines described in ldap_get_dn(3), ldap_first_attribute(3), ldap_get_values(3), etc. A count of the number of entries in the search result can be obtained by calling ldap_count_entries(). ERRORS
If an error occurs in ldap_first_entry() or ldap_next_entry(), NULL is returned and the ld_errno field in the ld parameter is set to indi- cate the error. If an error occurs in ldap_count_entries(), -1 is returned, and ld_errno is set appropriately. See ldap_error(3) for a description of possible error codes. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_result(3), ldap_search(3), ldap_first_attribute(3), ldap_get_values(3), ldap_get_dn(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 22 September 1998 LDAP_FIRST_ENTRY(3)