Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing the existing files only Post 302513071 by shruthidwh on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 09:31:41 AM
Old 04-12-2011
Hey Thanks a lot.., I was thinking all the other ways except the mv -f.

Once again Thanks a lot.

Thx,
Shruthi

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ls does not display existing files

Hi, I have a pecular problem that I am experiencing. I have a few directories that seems to be missing, however, I can vi the files within them and I can also execute them (script files). For missing, I mean when I issue the "ls" command I don't see anything. Any help will be greatly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: copperUser
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usermod -G and Group id login replacing existing groups

Hi all usermod -G Group_id login it is replacing the existiong Secoundry groups and is adding the only group speced in usermod command how can we retain the existing secoundry groups and add a user to a new group (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy one folder to another with existing files

For example, /tmp/folder1 includes /tmp/folder1/a /tmp/folder1/b /tmp/folder2 includes /tmp/c Is there a command without removing files in /tmp/folder2 first to copy the /tmp/folder1 to /tmp/folder2? and the result should be /tmp/folder2 will include only /tmp/folder2/a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

overwriting existing files with scp.

Ok. I am using one cluster to remotely write into another cluster. I can scp to copy files from cluste1 to cluster2, however, I need to copy a file that already exists in cluster 2 and replace it with the new file. I was thinking I could either remove the file in cluster 2 (which I don't know how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending new column to existing files

Hi, i want to add another column to existing files containing strings and need to have the final output as a csv file. i have quite a number of files, each with varying number of rows and i need to append the string "test" for all the valid rows for each file. my sample raw files looks like this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating the script for updating or replacing the existing http.conf file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. I have been building a proxy server using the apache mod proxy currently my solution is working , but i need to automate the process , suppose if any changes need to be made on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satej
0 Replies
XSLT-PARSER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    XSLT-PARSER(1)

NAME
xslt-parser - XSLT transformations SYNOPSIS
xslt-parser [options] <project> DESCRIPTION
xslt-parser performs stylesheet transformations. When given a project name, it appends `.xsl' for the XSLT stylesheet and `.xml' for the XML file to apply the stylesheet to and performs the transformation using the XML::XSLT perl module. OPTIONS
-c Pass through HTML::Clean. You must have HTML::Clean installed. -d Turns debugging on. This can produce a lot of noise. -n NoWeb. You can use xslt-parser as a CGI script. With this option, it will not output the headers that are usually needed. -s <file> Specify a seperate different stylesheet. Usually, xslt-parser will simply append `.xsl' to the project name to get the stylesheet. A different stylesheet can be specified using this option. AUTHORS
Geert Josten <gjosten@sci.kun.nl>, Mark A. Hershberger <mah@everybody.org> SEE ALSO
XML::XSLT The w3.org XSLT recommendation at <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt> POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 48: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.12.1 2001-03-01 XSLT-PARSER(1)