Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming can i have an optimal solution for this java code ? Facing Java heap space problem even at 3GB heaps Post 302512937 by vaibhavkorde on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 01:51:15 AM
Old 04-12-2011
the input string can be in terms of some thousands e.g 4000

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line space problem facing

Hi, I got a list of file that all got the same standard format. Can anyone teach me how to put the space in all of them?! Input file: >nucleotide1 AAAAAAAAACCCGGG >nucleotide2 GGGGGGCCCCCTTTTA >nucleotide3 GGTACACCACACTCAC >nucleotide4 TTTGGAGAGAGACCCC desired output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

2. Programming

Java code to access the shared heap

Hi Help needed and forgive me as I dont know Java so please bare with me. I have searched this site and google but was unable to locate the information I need. An application that we use - is based on java and stores some performance counters etc internally in the shared JVM. They are not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking heap memory size for java app

Hi I have one Java application installed in my Solaris system. Is there a way to find out the heap memory allocated size/used size/free size for the particular Java process? If anyone knows the command, please let me know. Even I appreciate if I have any scripts to find out the same. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
0 Replies

4. Programming

Problem of using scanner to get space in JAVA

May I know how to get a string with space by using scanner class in java? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eel
0 Replies
CHMEM(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CHMEM(1)

NAME
chmem - change memory allocation SYNOPSIS
chmem [+] [-] [=] amount file EXAMPLES
chmem =50000 a.out # Give a.out 50K of stack space chmem -4000 a.out # Reduce the stack space by 4000 bytes chmem +1000 file1 # Increase each stack by 1000 bytes DESCRIPTION
When a program is loaded into memory, it is allocated enough memory for the text and data+bss segments, plus an area for the stack. Data segment growth using malloc , brk , or sbrk eats up stack space from the low end. The amount of stack space to allocate is derived from a field in the executable program's file header. If the combined stack and data segment growth exceeds the stack space allocated, the pro- gram will be terminated. It is therefore important to set the amount of stack space carefully. If too little is provided, the program may crash. If too much is provided, memory will be wasted, and fewer programs will be able to fit in memory and run simultaneously. MINIX does not swap, so that when memory is full, subsequent attempts to fork will fail. The compiler sets the stack space to the largest possible value (for the Intel CPUs, 64K - text - data). For many programs, this value is far too large. Nonrecursive programs that do not call brk , sbrk , or malloc , and do not have any local arrays usually do not need more than 8K of stack space. The chmem command changes the value of the header field that determines the stack allocation, and thus indirectly the total memory required to run the program. The = option sets the stack size to a specific value; the + and - options increment and decrement the current value by the indicated amount. The old and new stack sizes are printed. SEE ALSO
install(1), brk(2). CHMEM(1)