Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help to get file from windows to Unix via HTML Post 302512874 by Imran_Chennai on Monday 11th of April 2011 07:30:32 PM
Old 04-11-2011
Hi thx for ur reply, in this case the end users are non technical and does not have oracle or unix installed. They just want to pass their files to my Unix server. My actual need is to load all files into one oracle table and validate with some sp etc.., once the files reached Unix then rest will be easy. In order to facilitate them i am looking for simple front end where they can browse and send the files.

Or any way to transfer directly into oracle also fine, for security reason GUI which enable to transfer files between windows & Unix cannot be granted for all users, and oracle tools as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

linking unix generated text file to html page

i am trying to link the text files that i generated from my shell script to an html page, to that i can view them using a browser, like internet explorer. i want to open the text files in html page when i enter a command to view the text file from the shell command. please could anyone help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexd
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write a HTML file in UNIX and sent it as a body of a mail

Hi, How can I write a HTML file in Unix. Once I do that, I want to send this file as a body of a mail, along with writing a subject for the mail I am sending through unix. How can that be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diwa81
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute unix command from an html page in windows

i have a problem situation, where i have a html file say click.html. i have a button "ls" in that html page. i run this html file in windows....Now say if i click that "ls" button it must connect to the unix server and execute ls and return the results back to html page in windows. can anyone tell... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Env values in HTML file

Hi, I am sending 'mailx' one file.html from unix, and i want to put the field values from the unix environment.. like. <p><input type="text" name="name" value="Your name" /></p> in thin i want to put value "Your name" as let's say $HOME, can this be possible? If yes..can anyone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaiankur
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all except couple of html tags from html file

I tried to find elegant (or at least simple) way to remove all but couple of html tags from html file, but all examples I found dealt with removing all the tags. The logic of the script would be: - if there is <li> or <ul> on the line, do nothing (=write same line to output) - if there is:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juubuntu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need syntax for mailing in UNIX by using html file as body and along with attachment

Hi All, I need a syntax for mailing in unix by using html code file output as body and along with attachment (without using mutt command) HTML code file : html1.txt Attachment : attach1.txt I was using the below codes but they are not working. ( cat html1.txt ; uuencode attach1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to remove unused html codes from the file using UNIX?

Hi All, We have a HTML source which will be processed using a informatica workflow. In between these two we have a Unix script which transforms the file. We are getting an error from past week in the informatica saying invalid format, because the file has unused html reference (0-8,14-31 etc)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching, fortune - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] /usr/games/fortune DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the Unix oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. CHING(6)