Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Purchasing Solaris Software
Operating Systems Solaris Purchasing Solaris Software Post 302512738 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 11th of April 2011 12:34:13 PM
Old 04-11-2011
and you can download solaris 10 from the oracle website... but to get support, the servers need to be installed from an oracle engineer or get a "service ready" check from oracle (which is more expensive then the installation if i remember right...).

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

purchasing a unix account

i just want to know if there is any place that i can purchase a unix account to use for life. i don't like the hassle of changing my email address every time i enter a new university/workplace, and i'd like some place to store files that i can access around the world. thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1515
2 Replies

2. Solaris

software install on solaris 10

what is the command to install a software from a remote server or cd? pkg_add -rv bash < freebsd i need the same command on solaris i try to use pkgadd but no success (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: litch
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Software

Does anyone know of any other place to download Solaris 9 packages other than Oracle's website. I'm looking to setup Solaris 9 containers and needing package SUNWs9brandk. I don't have a account with Oracle to allow me to download this package. I'm using a Solaris 10 server update 9. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Downloading or purchasing HP-UX for HP Integrity rx4640

Hi I bought an old server hp rx4640 for 160$ on the online auction, but I do not have the cd with the operating system for it. Can you tell me if there is any way to obtain CDs with HP-UX form HPE? What kind of version can I get from HPE? Do I have to pay for it? Do you I have to buy a cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbudny
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)