Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace multiple existence of : symbol with one Post 302512691 by pbillast on Monday 11th of April 2011 09:47:53 AM
Old 04-11-2011
awk 'BEGIN { FS=":*";OFS=":" } { print $1,$2 }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

verifying existence of multiple files

Hi, I have unix script on solaris 5.10. I have to verify existence of 3 files in path and sleep for 1 hour. I have tried for 1 file: if then echo " File is found!" sleep 3600 echo "time delayed" fi Please advice (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple file existence

Hi, I want to check multiple files exist or not in a single if statement in korn Shell:confused:. Please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathish
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a symbol with new line

i have file in which i want to replace a char with new line please help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
1 Replies

4. Linux

Replace cloud symbol with single quotes

Dear Experts My source file contains the symbol cloud (☁). How do i replace this ☁ symbol whose Unicode value is 2601 in linux file with single quotes ? Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pklcnu
4 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Replace first existence of any character using DOS

Hi I want to replace first existence of the character code I m using is for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in (test2.csv) do ( set str=%%a echo !str::=,! >> test3.csv ) However it is replacing all the ':' whereas I want to replace first ':' by ',' and leave rest of the ':' as it is. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to wait for existence of multiple files

Hi Forum. I need a script to wait for all multiple trigger files to be present or else go to sleep for 10 seconds (Number of trigger files can vary). I tried to search on the forum but was not able to find a solution. I found this code on this forum but it's not working as expected: for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace quote symbol(") and dot(.) with some other values!!

Hi , I have below input file 1.order number is useful. 2.vendor_id is produced. 3.the vandor name is "malawar". I want output file like 1. order number is useful. 2. vendor_id is produced. 3. the vandor name is VmalawarV. in input file line number 1.order number there is no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To replace '(' and ')' symbol using tr or sed

I am trying to replace '(' and ')' symbol with nul text using tr command. But i am not able to get the expected output . Please help # cat test.txt 155170816-(75767Mb) # tr '(' '' < test.txt 155170816-(75767Mb) # tr ')' '' < test.txt 155170816-(75767Mb) # I want the o/p as ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace trailing whitespaces with pipe symbol using perl

I want to replace the whitespace with Pipe symbol to do a multiple pattern matching for the whole text "mysqld failed start" and same as for other text messages Below are the messages stored in a file seperate by whitespace mysqld failed start nfsd mount failed rpcbind failed to start for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove/replace the very first character/symbol match

cat file.txt file 1123.x July 23:222 /cd/hh2/k39/ss2/f7d8d9d8e6r5t4s/dd2/e/s7a/s7a2afa5017d8b975-1.7-1395610245-b22e19bbc477b134 i wish to only extract out the 1.7 (anything within the first - -) i try to look for the sed command under match the first occurence of pattern but out of luck, my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctphua
6 Replies
sched.h(3HEAD)                                                        Headers                                                       sched.h(3HEAD)

NAME
sched.h, sched - execution scheduling SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sched.h> header defines the sched_param structure, which contains the scheduling parameters required for implementation of each sup- ported scheduling policy. This structure contains the following member: int sched_priority process execution scheduling priority Each process is controlled by an associated scheduling policy and priority. Associated with each policy is a priority range. Each policy definition specifies the minimum priority range for that policy. The priority ranges for each policy may overlap the priority ranges of other policies. The scheduling policies are indicated by the values of the following symbolic constants: SCHED_FIFO Processes are scheduled according to the First-In-First-Out (FIFO) policy. Processes scheduled to this policy, if not pre- empted by a higher priority or interrupted by a signal, will proceed until completion. SCHED_RR Processes are scheduled according to the Round-Robin (RR) policy. Processes scheduled to this policy, if not pre-empted by a higher priority or interrupted by a signal, will execute for a time period, returned by sched_rr_get_interval(3RT) or by the system. SCHED_IA Processes are scheduled according to the Inter-Active Class (IA) policy as described in priocntl(2). SCHED_OTHER Processes are scheduled according to another policy not described above. The values of these constants are distinct. Inclusion of the <sched.h> header will make visible symbols defined in the header <time.h>. SEE ALSO
priocntl(2), sched_rr_get_interval(3RT), time.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 2001 sched.h(3HEAD)