Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: log file problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting log file problem Post 302512660 by kato on Monday 11th of April 2011 07:50:18 AM
Old 04-11-2011
@scottn, think you're fighting a losing battle there...Smilie
@vanid, if you don't have sed, you probably don't have awk, but:

Code:
awk -F"1H" '!/\[23/{print $0};/\[23/{print $2}' /home/file.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hello: I'm having the following problem when I try to log in to our Tru64 system, from any machine using root or any other user. After entering the passowrd I get the following message: and not being directed to the shell console. I think it has something to do with the audit process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file problem

I want to transfer files from ABC server to XYZ server in which i am successful. I would like to create a log file also by the name of current date. For some reason my script gives me an error on my scp -p command and it says LOCAL_LOG_FILE: not found and REMOTE_LOG_FILE not found. Any clues whats... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
9 Replies

3. Solaris

problem with not able to log in

Dear all I am facing a problem that I cannot able to login through 192.168.11.6. I even unplumb it and then plumb it again also, but still facing a problem. Could anyone tell me that what is the meaning of "inet 192.168.11.6 --> 192.168.11.6". I even restart the server two time also ,but still... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in redirecting ftp msgs to a log file

Hi all.. The following set of statements is used in a shell script to ftp a file to a remote machine I want to redirect the ftp messages thrown by the first ftp statement to a log file. As you can see there is a logic downstream to decide if the ftp was a success or not. But i am not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshkumaru
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Log File

Hi, I have written a bash shell script. In order to create a log file when I run the script, as well as print the output to the terminal, I call it in the following manner: my_shell_script 2>&1 | tee my_log_fileThis seems to work well. However, I have put some statements in the script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem - Log File

Hi, I am in trouble ... again :wall: I formating a log file as .txt from Unix (solaris 9) and then I compress it with gzip and I use uuencode and send it in an email. gzip -c ${fic_report} | uuencode Report_File.gz > ${attachment_file} my problem is when I received the mail with the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with log file script

Hi, I have a log file that i'd like to monitor for a string. Now the log file rolls over everytime the server is restarted, so i'm doing a reverse list and then reading the latest log file. So for the code, the log file is 'test1.txt'. I check for the string and pipe to black hole (>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem - create log file

I need to create shell script (check system ) to display the output to the console and write these output to a log file at the same time. My shell script is like that Main() { .... .... } MainIt takes about 30s to display all the output to the console. Then I put this command to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)