Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time conversion using nawk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting time conversion using nawk Post 302512644 by bing on Monday 11th of April 2011 06:18:45 AM
Old 04-11-2011
hi,

thanx for the prompt response.

$1 contains the epoch time, thus i would need to do conversion on $1 ..
also i've have to read multiple files and convert n output them to their respective files ..

am not sure abt using gawk .. i'll try Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Time conversion in Unix

Hi, Is there any way to get current time for a particular country using any unix command ? I mean, If i want to find out current time in US or UK or anything .... Any command or library routine available for that? How it can be done in C on Unix? Can anybody help me? Thanks --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamlakar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Time Function

Hi All, I am using solaris and nawk. Is there any time function in nawk which is simliar to the shell `date` function ? Can any experts show any examples? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

3. Programming

Conversion of time structure in C++

Hi frnds, I have written a code to get current time struct tm *locTime; time_t currentTime; time( &currentTime ); locTime = localtime(&currentTime ); Suppose now i get output time as 31-DEC-2007 00:00:00 What i want now is i want two strings where in one string i want to subtract... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: electroon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

time conversion

My local server is in UTC time whereas my remote server in in CST time. I get a sequential file from CST time server and the records in will contain the first line as a filename and the second line as date time like mentioned below. /abc/cde/f1.txt 2009-04-28 23:10:05 CST Now i need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk time substracting

Nawk ‘BEGIN {printf “0t%d=Y\n”,srand () -1800}' | adb I know that printf is printing the value in %d which is for a day of the month and subtracting the value by -1800 (30 minutes). So if date is 14:25:45 subtracting from 1800 then time will equal to 13:55:45 I also know that srand () is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: INHF
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or nawk to convert epoch time to date format

Looking for some help and usually when I do a search this site comes up. Hopefully someone can give me a little direction as to how to use one of these two commands to achieve what I'm trying to do. What am I trying to do? I need to take the time value in epoch format returned from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minigts
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK conversion of hexadecimal input to decimal output via printf, I am close I can feel it

I have searched and the answers I have found thus far have led me to this point, so I feel I am just about there. I am trying to convert a column of hexadecimal to decimal values so that I can filter out via grep just the data I want. I was able to pull my original 3 character hex value and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PCGameGuy
10 Replies

8. Programming

Python conversion to epoch time

Hi. I have timestamps that I am trying to convert to epoch time. An example: I am trying to convert this to an epoch timestamp but have one little glitch. I have this: import time date_time = '' pattern = '' epoch = int(time.mktime(time.strptime(date_time, pattern))) print epoch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treesloth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to local Time conversion

How can I convert the following date format: New Log Date = 2016-12-30 23:50:33 GMT from GMT time to local time? Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Date format conversion how to change this from using nawk to awk

Hi, I have a file where I need to change the date format on the nth field from DD-MM-YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD so I can accurately sort the record by dates From regex - Use sed or awk to fix date format - Stack Overflow, I found an example using nawk. Test run as below: $: cat xyz.txt A ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)