Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: logging errors using perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting logging errors using perl Post 302512567 by pravin27 on Monday 11th of April 2011 01:15:22 AM
Old 04-11-2011
You can capture all the error using below code. It will log all the error in the file test,txt.
Code:
open STDERR, ">test.txt" or die "Can't open file for STDERR";

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

logging errors

The errors are coming up on my display and screwing up the console windows that I am trying to work from. They take up about half the screen. Anyone know how I can stop them? Also, one of the errors is a sendmail noqueu syserr anyone seen it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl version for syntax errors

All, Does it matter what perl verios your running when you get syntax errors? on version 5.6.1 the code works fine, but on 5.8.0 the code gets errors? #!/usr/bin/perl #use strict; #use warnings; my $mess = 'messages'; my $mess1 = 'messages.1'; my $mess2 = 'messages.2'; my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Syntax Errors

Hi, I am a newbie to PERL and working on a script. When running it I get a lot of compilation errors. The actual command in the program (which is within a case structure) is given below # This gives the actual count of inquires from a log file (It works fine when I type this on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Backtick Errors

When trying to use backticks for system commands, is there a way to read the error messages if a command doesn't execute properly? I have no problem getting the results if the command is properly executed. Ex. my @result = `dir`; foreach my $line (@result) { print "Result = $line";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging perl and shell debug mode.

I have a shell program which calls a perl program. I am running the shell program with command; $ ksh -x <prog_name> Inside the shell program, I am calling perl with warnings. I want to capture the entire output as it comes on screen. The command I tried is: $ ksh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

6. Programming

Errors in Perl when using awk command

Hi Guys, Hope everyone is fine :) I have this code below: #!/usr/bin/perl $num_of_files=`ls | grep -v remover | wc -l`; $remover=`ls -lrt | grep -v total | grep -v remover | head -1 | awk '{print $8}' | rm \`xargs\``; if ($num_of_files>3) { system ($remover); } When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect/tcl (not perl) logging troubles

My logs aren't correct. Im trying to log failure and successes, then use the resulting successes file "seed" to perform another function. Problem is that the log has only a single random entry. Thanks in advance for the help ! !#/usr/bin/expect set count 0 set bcount 0 set fcnb 923... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
0 Replies

8. Programming

Please help me understand errors in perl program

co #! /usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; my $amount=""; my $bain; ; my $code=""; my $date;my $day;my $line; my $mo; my $LNUM = 0; my $xyz=""; my $yr; $yr = 2015; my $F; my @F; while (<>) { chop; ++$LNUM; @F = split(';'); if ( $F eq "Date" )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hpk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors running perl statement

When I run this #!/bin/bash Block count: 421958912 Reserved block count: 4219589 perl -e "printf(\"%.1lf%%\n\", ($Reserved block count * 100.0 ) / $Block count);" I get these error messages. Can someone please help me? andyk_~/Downloads$ Show_Percent_Reserved_Blocks.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead - LDAPv3 Post-Read control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw( LDAP_CONTROL_POSTREAD LDAP_SUCCESS ); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $postread = Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead->new( attrs => [ qw/givenName/ ] ); my $mesg = $ldap->modify( "cn=Barbara Jensen, o=University of Michigan, c=US", replace => { givenName => "Babs" }, control => $postread ); if ($mesg->code eq LDAP_SUCCESS) { my ($afterwards) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_PREREAD ); my $entry = $afterwards ? $afterwards->entry() : undef; if ($entry) { print "givenName changed to '" . join("', '", $entry->get_value(givenName") . "' to 'Babs' "); } } DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "Post-Read Controls" as described by RFC 4527. In modification operations, the "Post-Read request control" indicates to the server that a copy of the modified entry after the update is to be returned. After the successful completion of the operation, the accompanying "Post-Read response control" allows one to retrieve the updated value from the servers's response. One use case of this control may be to obtain values of operational attributes, such as the "entryUUID" and "modifyTimestamp" attributes, updated by the server as part of the update operation. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control the following are provided. attrs => [ ATTR, ... ] A list of attributes to be returned in the entry returned in the response control. If absent, all attributes are returned. Operational attributes may be included in the list by explicitly asking for them or by using special "+" feature (provided the server supports this feature). METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. In addition to these methods, the control also supports the following method: entry () Returns the entry from the response control in the response message to the LDAP request that contained the request control. The result is either a Net::LDAP::Entry object or undefined. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4527.txt AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008,2011 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3)