Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need help and explanation on Unary operators Post 302512380 by orszhak on Saturday 9th of April 2011 08:58:06 PM
Old 04-09-2011
Need help and explanation on Unary operators

Hello guys. It's orszhak and since I'am starting in programming in c++ I again have stumbled upon something. While I was reading my book it talked about unary operators. I understood that they consist of +, -,++,--. I just want to know what do they do and how do they work. Plus it also talked of prefix, postfix and incrementing and decrementing. It also talked about arguments. So I just want to know what all of that means and of course how it works. The book really didnt me a good explanation for this part. Its only really this part I hope. Anyways, thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected

hi i am trying to compare a value with value 50. but i am getting " I am using if then echo "------------" fi please help thanks in advance Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: =: unary operator expected

HI, while running a script, I got the below mentioned error. /bin/sh: line10 : supportedMozillaVersion() { case "$*" in *rv:1.*) return 0;; *rv:.*) return 0;; *rv:*) return 1;; Mozilla\ 1.*) return 0;; Mozilla\ .*) return 0;; *) return 1;; esac } supportedFirefoxVersion() { case... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected

Im trying to fix my /etc/weekly that rotates various logs however it does them no matter what filesize they are and i want them to only do it if there file size exceeds 2M or something. So I'm playing with a script to get the filesize using a ls -l command which works and puts the value into a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator is missing

hi , i m getting an error unary operator is missing. pls check why is this so? i=5 while test $i !=0 do echo $i i=`expr $i - 1` done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected

i=0 while Shell script reports an error "unary operator expected" pointing the above line. $i by default is 0 and holds integer value and $buf is also holding integer value. Please can some one let me know what is missing. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

: unary operator expected

Hiya all, Why do I get a :unary operator expected when I try to put a condition statement in my shell script (sh) like so and how to fix? if ; then echo "say hello" else echo "don't say hello" fi ? It seems if the script receives an argument it works but if I don't put an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: -gt: unary operator expected

Hi I have problem with my script. I dont now why but i don't change anything and script stop working. this is my code: #!/bin/sh for i in `ps -A | grep pocron.sh | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` do COUNT=$((COUNT+1)) done ostatnie_wykonanie=`cat porader.log`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fotex
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unary operator expected

In all my Googling, this usually happens when someone is comparing a variable, and that variable is unset. That doesn't appear to be the case for me... #!/bin/bash -x while read line do f=$(echo $line | tr -s ' ' | cut -d' ' -f 3) echo $f if then echo "This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and Unary Operators in Bash

I am getting the following error /home/hagbard/chaos/resip/ictja/siculet-0.0.0/amvib/tmspan.sh: line 135: BEGIN {printf "%.0f", int((tm-(thh*60.0*60.0))/60.0)}: No such file or directory /home/hagbard/chaos/resip/ictja/siculet-0.0.0/amvib/tmspan.sh: line 138: The code is this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
FBREADER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       FBREADER(1)

NAME
FBReader - e-book reader SYNOPSIS
FBReader [-zlui ui-type] [ui-specific options] [-lang language] [e-book] DESCRIPTION
FBReader is an e-book reader. It supports most open e-book formats, and can read compressed e-book archives. For more information on using the program, see the "About FBReader" button on its toolbar. OPTIONS
-zlui ui-type Try to start FBReader with the specified uu type. Supported ui types are gtk (to use Gtk+ library), qt (Qt 3 library) and qt4 (Qt 4 library). ui-specific options Standard options from the UI library you use (Gtk+, Qt3 or Qt4). -lang language Language for user interface. Current version (0.12.0) of fbreader supports Arabic (specify -lang ar option), Chinese (-lang zh), Czech (-lang cs), Dutch (-lang nl), English (-lang en), Finnish (-lang fi), French (-lang fr), German (-lang de), Hungarian (-lang hu), Indonesian (-lang id), Italian (-lang it), Lithuanian (-lang lt), Russian (-lang ru), Spanish (-lang es) and Swedish (-lang sv) and Ukrainian (-lang uk). e-book Name of file to open. If this parameter is missing or if FBReader cannot open the specified file, the last opened file will be reopened. If you start FBReader for the first time or the last opened file is missing, "About FBReader" text will be opened. AUTHOR
This man page was written by Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> and Nikolay Pultsin <geometer@fbreader.org> for the Debian system, but may be freely reused on other systems. FBREADER(1)