Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Programming Language good for standalone App with embedded Database Post 302512294 by jao_madn on Saturday 9th of April 2011 10:07:25 AM
Old 04-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
A lot depends on the bar code reader. Is it a wedge device (is daisy chained with the keyboard) or a serial device or wireless tcp. What device drivers are required/available?
Other than that, mysql or firebird for the database.
For my example the barcode reader is for input device so that keyboard is the second option. i try barcode reader in the terminal and text editor and works fine. next would be a gui for input barcode scan and display. the DB for storage and verifying the barcode that has been scan.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

good book for unix shell programming

hi, i am ajay. I need a good book for shell programming. a book which covers from fundamental to advance shell programming. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaygodbole
3 Replies

2. Programming

Embedded programming

Anyone know any good sources (books, urls, etc) for learning embedded programming, for example with Tornado from Wind River? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good source of X11 programming info?

Is there a good book or something on practical programming in X11? I have the O'Reilly X window system book set. They don't seem to cover the nuances very well (at least for me). So far the only thing I find on the web is the text from these books. Specifically, I'm looking for optimization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good site for Shell Programming

Hi unixers, :) I found some Good sites for learning Shell Programming. I Hope they will be useful to all of You. http://steve-parker.org/forum/ http://www.e-learningcenter.com/freecourses.htm similarly ,if u find any very good sites for shell programming pls post them, so that they will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

any good book for shell programming and scripting??

as title suggest i am looking for good book to start learning shell programming.please help me with this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvk21
5 Replies
TKPP(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   TKPP(1)

NAME
tkpp - frontend to pp written in Perl/Tk. SYNOPSIS
You just have to execute command line : tkpp DESCRIPTION
Tkpp is a GUI frontend to pp, which can turn perl scripts into stand-alone PAR files, perl scripts or executables. You can save command line generated, load and save your Tkpp configuration GUI. Below is a short explanation of tkpp GUI. Menu File -> Save command line When you build or display command line in the Tkpp GUI, you can save the command line in a separated file. This command line can be executed from a terminal. File -> Save configuration You can save your GUI configuration (all options used) to load and execute it next time. File -> Load configuration Load your saved file configuration. All saved options will be set in the GUI. File -> Exit Close Tkpp. Help -> Tkpp documentation Display POD documentation of Tkpp. Help -> pp documentation Display POD documentation of pp. Help -> About Tkpp Display version and authors of Tkpp. Help -> About pp Display version and authors of pp ( pp --version). Tabs GUI There are five tabs in GUI : General Options, Information, Size, Other Options and Output. All tabs contain all options which can be used with pp. All default pp options are kept. You can now set as you want the options. When your have finished, you can display the command line or start building your package. You will have the output tab to see error or verbose messages. NOTES
In Win32 system, the building is executed in a separate process, then the GUI is not frozen. The first time you use Tkpp, it will tell you to install some CPAN modules to use the GUI (like Tk, Tk::ColoredButton...). SEE ALSO
pp, PAR AUTHORS
Tkpp was written by Doug Gruber and rewrite by Djibril Ousmanou. In the event this application breaks, you get both pieces :-) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011 by Doug Gruber <doug(a)dougthug.com>, Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> and Djibril Ousmanou <djibel(a)cpan.org>. Neither this program nor the associated pp program impose any licensing restrictions on files generated by their execution, in accordance with the 8th article of the Artistic License: "Aggregation of this Package with a commercial distribution is always permitted provided that the use of this Package is embedded; that is, when no overt attempt is made to make this Package's interfaces visible to the end user of the commercial distribution. Such use shall not be construed as a distribution of this Package." Therefore, you are absolutely free to place any license on the resulting executable, as long as the packed 3rd-party libraries are also available under the Artistic License. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-09 TKPP(1)