Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Programming Language good for standalone App with embedded Database Post 302512290 by jgt on Saturday 9th of April 2011 09:54:56 AM
Old 04-09-2011
A lot depends on the bar code reader. Is it a wedge device (is daisy chained with the keyboard) or a serial device or wireless tcp. What device drivers are required/available?
Other than that, mysql or firebird for the database.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

good book for unix shell programming

hi, i am ajay. I need a good book for shell programming. a book which covers from fundamental to advance shell programming. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaygodbole
3 Replies

2. Programming

Embedded programming

Anyone know any good sources (books, urls, etc) for learning embedded programming, for example with Tornado from Wind River? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good source of X11 programming info?

Is there a good book or something on practical programming in X11? I have the O'Reilly X window system book set. They don't seem to cover the nuances very well (at least for me). So far the only thing I find on the web is the text from these books. Specifically, I'm looking for optimization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good site for Shell Programming

Hi unixers, :) I found some Good sites for learning Shell Programming. I Hope they will be useful to all of You. http://steve-parker.org/forum/ http://www.e-learningcenter.com/freecourses.htm similarly ,if u find any very good sites for shell programming pls post them, so that they will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

any good book for shell programming and scripting??

as title suggest i am looking for good book to start learning shell programming.please help me with this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvk21
5 Replies
devswmgr(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       devswmgr(8)

NAME
devswmgr - utility to manage the device switch database SYNOPSIS
/sbin/devswmgr [-option [parameter]] OPTIONS
Displays the following information about the device switch database: Whether a device switch database was read from the primary file or from a backup file The number of entries that are in the device switch table Displays the major numbers that have been reserved by all drivers, a named driver, or an instance of a named driver. A driver that requires more than one entry in the device switch table uses a unique instance number to reference each of its device switch table entries. Displays help for the devswmgr command. Releases all the major numbers for a device driver if just the driver name is specified. Releases one major number for a device driver if the NAME and the INSTANCENUM of the driver are speci- fied. DESCRIPTION
The devswmgr command helps you manage the device switch table by displaying information about the devices drivers in the table. You can also use the command to release device switch table entries. Typically, you release the entries for a driver after you have unloaded the driver and do not plan to reload it later. Releasing the entries frees them for use by other device drivers. EXAMPLES
The following example shows that a device switch table was loaded from the primary device and that there are 70 entries in it: % /sbin/devswmgr -display Device switch information device switch database read from primary file device switch table has 70 entries The following example shows the major numbers in the device switch table that have been reserved for the driver named cam_disk: % /sbin/devswmgr -getnum driver=cam_disk Device switch reservation list (*=entry in use) driver name instance major ------------------------------- -------- ----- cam_disk 1 8* FILES
The file that manages the device switch databases The primary device switch database file The backup device switch database file SEE ALSO
Commands: scsimgr(8) devswmgr(8)