Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH Protocol Version 1
Operating Systems AIX SSH Protocol Version 1 Post 302512288 by Mr.AIX on Saturday 9th of April 2011 09:38:13 AM
Old 04-09-2011
SSH Protocol Version 1

SSH Protocol Version 1 Session Key Retrieval

Disable compatibility with version 1 of the protocol

can any one advice in this regard and how can I Disable compatibility with version 1 of the protocol

Pls advice ..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ssh version

Which version of SSH is this ssh -V SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is "incompatible protocol version"

have installed a Network Management System at HP and when I tried to connect to Sun for Extractor function, it shows" incompatible protocol version:3". What does it mean? How to slove the problem? Thanks a lot, Emily (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yaoww
1 Replies

3. Solaris

command to know ssh version

Hi, I want to know the command to know ssh version on solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to hide SSH version

I just been audited and one the recommendations is to hide the SSH version or give fake information. I went to openssh.com they don't seem to have any info on how to fix this :confused: Anybody knows how the heck can I hide the SSH version? The part which says # telnet localhost 22... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
19 Replies

5. Solaris

HTTP Protocol Version

Friends/Gurus Can anybody let me know how to check Http Protocol version in Solaris and in AIX? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efunds
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH version of rlogin (ie without password prompt)

I have 3 Solaris 10 UNIX servers, the shadow and passwd file are all identical and are automatically sync every 5 minutes. A majority of the users do not have CLI access but rather use a menu. I currently have menu options that allows them to rlogin to another server and I need to have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: creedonjm
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Disable SSH 1.99 version?

Hello. My security audit reconise SSH 1.99 protocol version allowed. But in my sshd_config config is only: SSH version: How can I disable support for ssh protocol 1.99 version? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabalv
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

ssh version 1 problem please help

Hi guys please help with the following. $ssh -1 -vvv -l username -o "ForwardX11 yes" server.name netscape OpenSSH_5.8p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8r 8 Feb 2011 debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0 debug1: Connecting to server.address port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

SSH Protocol Support

Hi there, I learnt about a case where SSH-1.99 is supported by SSH service, both SSH 1.5 and 2.0 is special. Btw, I want to know what kind of authentication mechanism are supported by SSH, here is what I thought of: Public/ Private Key Pair Password Authentication (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
VOP_ADVISE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     VOP_ADVISE(9)

NAME
VOP_ADVISE -- apply advice about use of file data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> int VOP_ADVISE(struct vnode *vp, off_t start, off_t end, int advice); DESCRIPTION
This call applies advice for a range of a file's data. It is used to implement the posix_fadvise system call. Its arguments are: vp The vnode of the file. start The start of the range of file data. end The end of the range of file data. advice The type of operation to apply to the file data. Possible values are: POSIX_FADV_WILLNEED Initiate an asynchronous read of the file data if it is not already resident. POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED Decrease the in-memory priority of clean file data or discard clean file data. If the start and end offsets are both zero, then the operation should be applied to the entire file. Note that this call is advisory only and may perform the requested operation on a subset of the requested range (including not performing it at all) and still return success. LOCKS
The file should be unlocked on entry. RETURN VALUES
Zero is returned if the call is successful, otherwise an appropriate error code is returned. ERRORS
[EINVAL] An invalid value was given for advice. SEE ALSO
vnode(9) BSD
October 3, 2013 BSD