Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Programming Language good for standalone App with embedded Database Post 302512287 by jao_madn on Saturday 9th of April 2011 09:31:02 AM
Old 04-09-2011
Programming Language good for standalone App with embedded Database

Hi,

I would like to ask for someone more experience in programming, May i ask on where do i start or what langguage should i start inorder to create an APPS with nice GUI front end for visual display and a embedded Database in backend for records purposes, a stand alone apps, for example i want to create an apps with a nice gui in linux and has an input using a barcode reader and check the barcode in the embedded DB if it is valid or invalid and report any output in a Nice GUI for visual confirmation and in the DB. A gui function or menu also to input data and generate report to the DB for records along with the details of that barcode.

Thanks for any reply.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

good book for unix shell programming

hi, i am ajay. I need a good book for shell programming. a book which covers from fundamental to advance shell programming. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaygodbole
3 Replies

2. Programming

Embedded programming

Anyone know any good sources (books, urls, etc) for learning embedded programming, for example with Tornado from Wind River? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good source of X11 programming info?

Is there a good book or something on practical programming in X11? I have the O'Reilly X window system book set. They don't seem to cover the nuances very well (at least for me). So far the only thing I find on the web is the text from these books. Specifically, I'm looking for optimization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good site for Shell Programming

Hi unixers, :) I found some Good sites for learning Shell Programming. I Hope they will be useful to all of You. http://steve-parker.org/forum/ http://www.e-learningcenter.com/freecourses.htm similarly ,if u find any very good sites for shell programming pls post them, so that they will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

any good book for shell programming and scripting??

as title suggest i am looking for good book to start learning shell programming.please help me with this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvk21
5 Replies
pods::SDL::Deprecated(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				pods::SDL::Deprecated(3pm)

NAME
SDL::Deprecated - Log of Deprecated items per release CATEGORY
Core RELEASES
2.517 Major changes to "SDLx::Controller". "quit" is now "stop". Event handlers no longer end "run" on returning false. Call "stop" explicitly instead. The first argument to move handlers is the step portion instead of "dt". The second argument to move handlers, the "t" value, is now the third argument. "min_t" will limit apps to a framerate of 60 by default. 2.513 SDLx::App "SDLx::App::loop()" is deprecated. 2.502 SDLx::App Now depends on SDLx::Surface. To get the SDL::Surface, use " -"surface() >. Alternatively SDLx::Surface::display(). SDLx::Surface " get_display " is now called SDLx::Surface::display. SDLx::Sprite::Animated Has drastically changed, and is still volatile. 2.500 SDL::App SDL::App has migrated to SDLx::App namespace. The reason for this is because it is an extension and not a 1:1 XS/Constant Module to the c library. SDL::Game::Rect SDL::Game::Rect has migrated to SDLx::Rect namespace. Same reasoning as above. AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::Deprecated(3pm)