Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace %20 in xml file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers replace %20 in xml file Post 302512285 by andrejm on Saturday 9th of April 2011 09:16:11 AM
Old 04-09-2011
Question replace %20 in xml file

Hi,

I'd like to use sed in order to replace %20 and other "special" characters that are represented with % and some number combination in xml file. Typical line looks like this:

/Users/imac1/Music/iTunes/iTunes 20Media/Music/The%20Rolling%20Stones/Forty%20Licks%20%5BDisc%202%5D/2-13%20Keys%20To%20Your%20Love.mp3

Thank you.

Andrej

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

serach and replace file name in the path in a remote xml file

hi every one , here is my problem !! i have to run my script from an account and update the result in a xml file located on a different account. i use existing ssh keys to do it remotely for example the tags looks like this <PropertyValueList... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranreddy1215
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace nth value in xml file

Hi all, I have application.xml file with following content <dependency> <groupId>fr.orange.portail.ear</groupId> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <type>ear</type> </dependency> <dependency> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for word in a xml file and replace it with something else

Hello Unix Users, I am very new to Unix so I am not sure how do I do the following. I need a script such that when I type the following in the command prompt > . scriptName.sh wordToBeReplaced DirectoryLocation will find the word someword located in a somefile.xml in DirectoryLocation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 5211171
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in xml file using awk..

Hi All, I have xml file,i am tring to use awk to search pattern as: <Password>x</Password> and Replace with: <Password>y</Password> please any one can help to solve this using awk and awk only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam2666
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file?

Hello Unix gurus! I'm a unix newbie. Can I use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file and convert this keyword with an output of a unix cat command? for example: <test>keyword</test> and temp.txt = hello! I would like to replace "keyword" with the output of "cat temp.txt". I think... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/Replace in XML file

I am not sure how to approach this find/replace using a shell script. Any help or guidance appreciated. I want to find this: <objects/> <thumb>thumb_0001.jpg</thumb> <preview>preview_0001.jpg</preview> And replace with something like this: <objects>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimraynor
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace particular content in a xml file

Hi, My requirement is to find a text and replace it with another in a XML file. I am new to Unix,Please provide some suggestion to achieve. Find: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> Replace with: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> <Borders> <Border ss:Position="Bottom"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the .txt file between two strings in XML file

Hi i am having XML file with many number of lines,I need to replace between two strings with .txt file using awk. For ex <PersonInfoShipTo ------------------------------ /> My requirement is to replace the content between <PersonInfoShipTo ------------------------------ /> help me. Thanks... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to replace Ip address in .xml file through shell script?

I have one .xml file. which contains the following line. <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.170" /> <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.171" /> <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.202" /> <ParamString... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in a xml file

Hello, I have below xml file, I want to find line default-value and replace the string within quotes followed by default-value "moni/Websphere/". Replace moni/Websphere/ with monitor/AMQ/ <monitor> <name>WebsphereMqMonitor</name> <type>managed</type> <argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies
POM_ADD_PARENT(7)						Java Packages Tools						 POM_ADD_PARENT(7)

NAME
pom_add_parent - add parent POM reference to POM file SYNOPSIS
%pom_add_parent groupId*:*artifactId[*:*version] [POM-location] DESCRIPTION
This macro patches specified POM file adding a reference to parent POM with specified groupId, artifactId and version. groupId and artifactId are identifiers of Maven group and artifact of the POM to be referenced as parent POM. They must be specified. If version is not specified then default value of "any" is used. POM location can be either a full path to the POM file, or a path to the directory containing pom.xml. If POM location is not given then pom.xml from current working directory is used. EXAMPLES
%pom_add_parent foo:bar baz - this call adds reference to parent POM artifact foo:bar to baz/pom.xml file. BUGS
If specified POM has already a reference to parent POM this macro will not alter or remove it. Instead a second reference will be added. This is usually not the expected behavior as it results in creating invalid POM file. In order to replace existing parent POM reference, pom_set_parent(7) should be used instead. AUTHOR
Written by Mikolaj Izdebski. REPORTING BUGS
Bugs should be reported through Red Hat Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/. SEE ALSO
pom_add_dep(7), pom_add_plugin(7), pom_disable_module(7), pom_remove_dep(7), pom_remove_parent(7), pom_remove_plugin(7), pom_set_parent(7), pom_xpath_inject(7), pom_xpath_remove(7), pom_xpath_replace(7), pom_xpath_set(7). JAVAPACKAGES
06/10/2014 POM_ADD_PARENT(7)