Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove Occurrences created with Uniq -c Post 302512038 by ctsgnb on Friday 8th of April 2011 08:32:32 AM
Old 04-08-2011
I agree ...

+1 for binlib

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and remove rows from file where multi occurrences of character found

I have a '~' delimited file of 6 - 7 million rows. Each row should contain 13 columns delimited by 12 ~'s. Where there are 13 tildes, the row needs to be removed. Each row contains alphanumeric data and occasionally a ~ ends up in a descriptive field and therefore acts as a delimiter, resulting in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpd
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files which created date before 10 days on HP-UX

Hi All, Could you please let me know if there is any one can help to create a shell script to remove some files which is the created date for them greate than 10 days (sysdate-10) Please try to email me on email removed Thanks in advance, Murad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad_fayez
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove lines from file where > 13 occurrences of character

I have a '~' delimited file of 6 - 7 million rows. Each row should contain 13 columns delimited by 12 ~'s. Where there are 13 tildes, the row needs to be removed. Each row contains alphanumeric data and occasionally a ~ ends up in a descriptive field and therefore acts as a delimiter, resulting... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How remove the file which was created by another user?

When I try to remove the file which was created by another user through super user, I am getting the "override protection 644 " meesage. Could you please anyone help me how will I delete the file without prmpting the override protection. I have also given the permission (rwx) to the group as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[uniq + awk?] How to remove duplicate blocks of lines in files?

Hello again, I am wanting to remove all duplicate blocks of XML code in a file. This is an example: input: <string-array name="threeItems"> <item>item1</item> <item>item2</item> <item>item3</item> </string-array> <string-array name="twoItems"> <item>item1</item> <item>item2</item>... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove all occurrences of a character at the beginning of a string

Hi there, i need some help to remove all occurrences of a certain character at the beginning of a string. Example: my string is 00102030 and i want to remove all zeros from beginning of string so the result is 102030 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove folders by date created

Hi All I require to generate a script that deletes folders and sub directoires from a set period after creation. So have folder X on a daily basis i have job folders being created folder name 1234568. What i need to do is keep this folder pruned. So say 7 days after creation of the job folder its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show "uniq -c" results only for more than X occurrences

Say I have test.txt with the following data: user1 mailbox11 IP1 user1 mailbox12 IP2 user2 mailbox21 IP1 user3 mailbox31 IP1 user1 mailbox11 IP1 user1 mailbox11 IP1 user1 mailbox11 IP1 user1 mailbox12 IP2 user2 mailbox21 IP1 user2 mailbox21 IP1 user2 mailbox21 IP1 user2 mailbox21 IP1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate occurrences of text pattern

Hi folks! I have a file which contains a 1000 lines. On each line i have multiple occurrences ( 26 to be exact ) of pattern folder#/folder#. # is depicting the line number in the file some text here folder1/folder1 some text here folder1/folder1 some text here folder1/folder1 some text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can you do remove core file based on what created them :(

Hi, Currently, we have a Perl script from a third-party vendor that is generating core dumps. It has been reported. We can't turn off the script as it does generate some diagnostic file that's required. So at the moment, we have to let it continue to do its run. I wish I can say the vendor is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies
GCAL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GCAL(1)

NAME
Gcal - a program for calculating and printing calendars. SYNOPSIS
gcal [[Option...] [%Date] [@File...]] [Command] DESCRIPTION
Gcal is a program similar the standard calendar programs BSD-`cal' and `calendar'. Gcal displays hybrid and proleptic Julian and Gregorian calendar sheets, respectively, for one month, three months or a whole year. It also displays eternal holiday lists for many countries around the globe, and features a very powerful creation of fixed date lists that can be used for reminding purposes. Gcal can calculate various astronomical data and times of the Sun and the Moon for at pleasure any loca- tion, precisely enough for most civil purposes. Gcal supports some other calendar systems, for example the Chinese and Japanese calendar, the Hebrew calendar and the civil Islamic calendar, too. If Gcal is started without any options or commands, a calendar of the current month is displayed. If the calendar of a definite year is wanted, the year must be fully specified, e.g.: gcal 94 displays a year calendar of the year 94, not of the year 1994. If two arguments are given in the command part, the first argument denotes the month and the second argument denotes the year. In case any illegal commands are given running Gcal , the program will use internal defaults. MORE PROGRAM INFORMATION
You obtain more program information if you start Gcal as follows: gcal -h gcal -? gcal --help respectively, gcal -hh gcal -?? gcal --long-help[=ARG]|[=?] gcal --usage[=ARG]|[=?] A Hypertext file gcal.info containing detailed online information should be available, which you can inspect using your GNU Infobrowser. COPYRIGHT
Gcal Copyright (c) 1994, 95, 96, 1997, 2000 Thomas Esken This software doesn't claim completeness, correctness or usability. On principle I will not be liable for any damages or losses (implicit or explicit), which result from using or handling my software. If you use this software, you agree without any exception to this agree- ment, which binds you LEGALLY !! Gcal is free software and distributed under the terms of the `GNU General Public License'; published by the `Free Software Foundation'; version 2 or (at your option) any later version. Any suggestions, improvements, extensions, bug reports, donations, proposals for contract work, and so forth are welcome! If you like this tool, I'd appreciate a postcard from you! Enjoy it =8^) AUTHOR
------------------------oOO \\_''/ OOo--------------------------- Thomas Esken O (/o-o) O eMail: esken@gmx.net Im Hagenfeld 84 (( ^ )) Phone: +49 251 232585 D-48147 Muenster; Germany \____) ~ (____/ MotD : 2old2live, 2young2die SEE ALSO
tcal(1), txt2gcal(1), gcal2txt(1), cal(1), calendar(1). June 14, 2000 GCAL(1)