Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting read database tablename from another file Post 302512004 by sk1418 on Friday 8th of April 2011 06:14:58 AM
Old 04-08-2011
not sure if this is what you wanted:
Code:
kent$ cat t1.txt
emp
dept
loc

kent$ cat t2.txt
DELETE FROM TRS_ONE_ATDE WHERE DATA_DT = <from file>

kent$ awk 'FNR==NR{v[FNR]=$0} FNR<NR{o=$0; for(i=1;i<=length(v);i++) {$0=o;sub("<from file>",v[i],$0);print $0}}' t1.txt t2.txt
DELETE FROM TRS_ONE_ATDE WHERE DATA_DT = emp
DELETE FROM TRS_ONE_ATDE WHERE DATA_DT = dept
DELETE FROM TRS_ONE_ATDE WHERE DATA_DT = loc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Read from Database and copy

I have a microsoft access database with anout 220 lines. theres a question and 4 option awnsers and only ones correct which is also listed in th database. Is there any perl script that will copy and the lines from the database and put into a .asp website ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read SQL database from Unix...

Hi there, I am new here and looking for a bit of help... I don't don't know much about Unix but I've tried to include as much info as possible. We currently operate our system as a bespoke on SCO 5.05 with Informix databases. This includes a financials package called "Multisoft". Both... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uptheposh
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass tablename as a parameter in the Control File -- sqlldr

Just wanted to know if there is a way to pass the table name as a parameter in the control file. I have two tables...Table A and Table B. LOAD DATA append INTO TABLE TABLE_B FIELDS TERMINATED BY X'09' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' AND '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS Rather than hard coding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhunk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a date read from database to the shell script?

Hi i have a database table which i will query in a sqlplus session and it will either come back with a date or null? Now, what i want to do is based on the date returned i will either abort or continue with the script execution. I need to know is there a way other than spooling the date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoo128
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Read a File and Insert a part of the lines into the database

Hi Guys I need to have a shell script which reads a log file and insert a part of each line into the database. Some sample lines in the file are as below. 20091112091359 MED_RQACK : user_data=60173054304,100232120,20091112091359,;ask_status=0;ask_reason=OK;msg_id=20091112091319... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Somanadh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of a select count(*) from tablename ( run on db2 ) to a unix variable

Hi All, I have browsed through the forums for a similar topic, but there is no topic which explains about this problem, when the backend is DB2. I want to assign the output of a select count(*) from tablename to a unix variable in a shell script. I am using ksh. The database used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddarth
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a text file line by line and insert into a database table?

I have a test file that I want to read and insert only certain lines into the the table based on a filter. 1. Rread the log file 12 Hours back Getdate() -12 Hours 2. Extract the following information on for lines that say "DUMP is complete" A. Date B. Database Name C.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest log files and perform database insert

Hi Experts, I have a situation where I need to write a shell script to continuously monitor a log directory with multiple log files and perform following: 1. Read the latest log file continuously and grep "Success" OR "Failure" 2. As it capture either Success or Failure, it has to perform a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rish_max
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating script to read many files and load into database via single control file

Hi, I have many files but with only 2 names , I want to load the data of that file into database through sqlldr with single control file. how can i do that ????? Example: switch_file switch_file billing_file billing_file now these files should be loaded into same database but different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niti_sharma
1 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)