Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how do edit a node in a singly linked list in C? Post 302511309 by omega666 on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 12:12:48 PM
Old 04-06-2011
i got it now, it had to do with me mallocing in a function to copy a string, seemed that solved the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reverse single linked list

Can any one help me in reversing the single linked list and at the same time i want to print the reversed links. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List linked files

A perl script that displays the list of files which have multiple links..! ls -l shows number of links in a field. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
0 Replies

3. Programming

linked list node with pointer to struct

Suppose to have: struct Tstudent { string name, surname; int matriculation_num; }; struct Tnode { Tstudent* student; Tnodo* next; } L;I want to deference that "student" pointer. For example, I tried with: *(L->student).matriculation_numbut it not worked, as terminal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
4 Replies

4. Programming

Linear linked list node delete

Given an in-between(any node not at the start and end of the linked list) node within a singly linear linked list, how to delete that node, when head pointer of list is not given? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
13 Replies

5. Programming

I need C++ Code for single linked list

I need C++ Code for single linked list With operations as 1)insert at any position 2)delete any 3)change the data of any position (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
2 Replies

6. Programming

Help with linked list in C

i have this code typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; struct client_list * next; int client_socket_fd; } client; client *current, *head; head = NULL; char *h="test"; add_client(current, h, head, &client_socket_fd); ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
24 Replies

7. Programming

How to check if something exists in linked list in C?

i have a linked list set up like typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; int client_socket_fd; struct client_list *next; } client; client *client_list=NULL; before adding to the list i check if it already exists, only if it does not then i add if (client_list==NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

8. Programming

Help with linked list.

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> struct LinkedList { int val; struct LinkedList *next; }node; /*Creating a structure variable*/ typedef struct LinkedList Node; Node *start = NULL; int create(int i) { Node *temp = NULL; if (start == NULL) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
5 Replies

9. Programming

How to delete the last node in a linked list.?

How to delete the last node in a single linked list given only the pointer to last node ? Head node will not be given. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to reverse a linked list by traversing only once.?

Program to reverse a linked list by traversing only once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
1 Replies
Graph::Easy::Layout::Chain(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Graph::Easy::Layout::Chain(3pm)

NAME
Graph::Easy::Layout::Chain - Chain of nodes for layouter SYNOPSIS
# used internally, do not use directly use Graph::Easy; use Graph::Easy::Layout::Chain; my $graph = Graph::Easy->new( ); my ($node, $node2) = $graph->add_edge( 'A', 'B' ); my $chain = Graph::Easy::Layout::Chain->new( start => $node, graph => $graph, ); $chain->add_node( $node2 ); DESCRIPTION
A "Graph::Easy::Layout::Chain" object represents a chain of nodes for the layouter. METHODS
new() my $chain = Graph::Easy::Layout::Chain->new( start => $node ); Create a new chain and set its starting node to $node. length() my $len = $chain->length(); Return the length of the chain, in nodes. my $len = $chain->length( $node ); Given an optional $node as argument, returns the length from that node onwards. For the chain with the three nodes A, B and C would return 3, 2, and 1 for A, B and C, respectively. Returns 0 if the passed node is not part of this chain. nodes() my @nodes = $chain->nodes(); Return all the node objects in the chain as list, in order. add_node() $chain->add_node( $node ); Add $node to the end of the chain. start() my $node = $chain->start(); Return first node in the chain. end() my $node = $chain->end(); Return last node in the chain. layout() my $todo = $chain->layout(); Return an action stack as array ref, containing the nec. actions to layout the chain (nodes, plus interlinks in the chain). Will recursively traverse all chains linked to this chain. merge() my $chain->merge ( $other_chain ); my $chain->merge ( $other_chain, $where ); Merge the other chain into ourselves, adding its nodes at our end. The other chain is emptied and must be deleted by the caller. If $where is defined and a member of $other_chain, absorb only the nodes from $where onwards, instead of all of them. error() $last_error = $node->error(); $node->error($error); # set new messags $node->error(''); # clear error Returns the last error message, or '' for no error. dump() $chain->dump(); Dump the chain to STDERR, to aid debugging. EXPORT
None by default. SEE ALSO
Graph::Easy, Graph::Easy::Layout. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2004 - 2006 by Tels <http://bloodgate.com>. See the LICENSE file for more details. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-23 Graph::Easy::Layout::Chain(3pm)