Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script and Permission denied Post 302511300 by Mumie on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 11:39:08 AM
Old 04-06-2011
I do not know just what went wrong, but do not have the space in the code. Have posted it here again
Code:

printf "Installing...\r"
	cd $ORG_DIR/a_a
	./configure > error.log
	make 1> error.log 2> error.log
	make install > error.log

But if you have an idea to correct Permission denied problem directly in the script?

Last edited by Perderabo; 04-06-2011 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: add code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing expect script giving message as bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hi Gurus, I am new to scripting and needs your help in expect script used for telnet. I wrote a simple script as #!/usr/bin/expect-5.43 -f spawn telnet localhost 2233 expect "password:" send "secret\r" send "i data.cnbc.com\r" send "exit\r" expect eof When I am trying to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niks_yv
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting Permission Denied

Everytime I try to run a shell script I get the error message permission denied. So I have googled/searched around and have been using the command chmod u+rwx (filename) to give myself permission to execute my program. However, I was wondering if there was anyway to actually just this to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Permission Denied on script with sed

I am trying to develop a script to replace a lowercase URLs with an upper case URLs in HTM files. Basically.. replace href="somelowercaseurl" with href="SOMEUPPERCASEURL". In place. the href's are not located in any specific position in the file. Here is my shell script : export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to create a script to run as root, permission denied

Hello all, I am trying to create a script or a .command file that will run for me and my other techs on many, many Mac OSX computers that will add a file to the /etc/ folder called /etc/launchd.conf Every time I try to run the script, I get "Permission Denied" when trying to put the file into... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DonnieNarco
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied running shell script in opensuse

Hello, I am having an odd problem in open suse 12. I have a shell script and when I try to run it, I get "permission denied" The permissions from ls -l are, -rw------- 1 user1 users 25904 Jan 10 16:26 script.sh I have tried to change the permissions in dolphin but this does not change the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
BF-model-EDITOR(1)					      General Commands Manual						BF-model-EDITOR(1)

NAME
bf-model-editor -- The model editor for the Bear Engine. SYNOPSIS
bf-model-editor [-h] [--log-concise] [--log-file=file] [--log-level=string] [--log-uniq] [-c] [-u] file(s) ... DESCRIPTION
This program is the model editor for the Bear Engine. This is a part of the Bear Factory. OPTIONS
The following options can be passed to the program: -c, --compile Compile the files and exit. -h, --help Show summary of options. --log-file=file Write log output in "file". --log-level=string Output log messages up to a given level, among "error", "warning" and "verbose". -u, --update Open and save the model files. -v, --version Print the version of the editor and exit. SEE ALSO
running-bear(6), bf-animation-editor(1), bf-level-editor(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Julien Jorge julien.jorge@gamned.org. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. BF-model-EDITOR(1)