Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to store output into variable-in unix shell scripting Post 302511235 by pspriyanka on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 09:13:19 AM
Old 04-06-2011
Thanks for helping me :-)
it's working using the following command-

X=`ps -o etime,time,pcpu,pmem,fname -C sbd-java --no-heading|awk '{print $3 }'`;

echo $X

output-2.5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To store the output in a variable

Hi, I am getting the following error while executing the script. Please can someone throw some light where is the problem. Many thanks. ./check: temp: not found The directory related to SEP instance 4 does not exist. The script is as follows. SEP_APP="/scp/sepx/app... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of SQL output to a variable in shell scripting

I am trying to assgn the output of the select statement to a variable, like this "VARIABLE_NAME=$ db2 "select COLUMN_NAME_1 from TABLE_NAME where COLUMN_NAME_2='VALUE_TO_CHECK'"; " but the value that is getting into VARIABLE_NAME is "COLUMN_NAME_1 ----------------- VALUE 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgmini
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in scripting, store value in variable

Hi all, I have a script in which i need to run a command like "/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/omreport about" and output will be something like Version : 6.3.0 Copyright : Copyright (C) xxx Inc. 1995-2010 All rights reserved. Company : xxx Inc. In this i need to save the version... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

store sqlplus output in variable

hi how can i store sqlplus output to a variable in sh script (not bash) Thanks MM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store the value from python in shell scripting?

I am calling fab file from shell, and i am getting the output from python. How to store that value in shell? Eg:- I am taking the value using yaml file in python. Since i am calling python from shell, i need to store the value in variable or in array using shell, because my next call is running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output to a variable

I need some help: 1) I have a out put from a shell script, the out put looks like this: Attempting privilege escalation using sudo ... List backups for CLTST: Start date Status Ret. Class Label -------------------- ------------ ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help on Shell Scripting - to store output to a fixed file

Hi I have a file called "test.txt" and it looks like this x y z x/c y/c/b now, i want to run a command and its output will be like this x 10 y/c/b 20 z 78 -------- my requirement is, i want to add the command output to "test.txt" as like below x 10 y ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the for loop output from a remote server in UNIX shell scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , when i try to use for loop i am getting the expected output. $for variable in $(ps -fu user | grep -i something/ | grep -i something | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}');do > grep $variable /tmp/some_path/*/* > done when tried the below to remote server, getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
4 Replies
java-functions(7)						RPM Java packaging						 java-functions(7)

NAME
java-functions - Functions library for Java applications. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
set_jvm() Set the java virtual machine. Use a JAVA_HOME if defined, or try to find it from java command set_classpath() Set the classpath - this functions requires a valid JAVA_HOME, JAVACMD, and JAVA_LIBDIR. JARs could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_JARS variable. set_javacmd() set the JAVACMD variable. Options should be passed via JAVACMD_OPTS variable. set_flags() set FLAGS variable. They could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_FLAGS variable. set_options() set OPTIONS variable. They could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_OPTIONS variable. run() run the application. It executed a following command. If VERBOSE is defined, then it prints the command to stdout. exec $JAVACMD $FLAGS -classpath $CLASSPATH $OPTIONS $MAIN_CLASS "$@" set_jvm_dirs() set JVM-related directories (JVM_LIBDIR, JAVA_VERSION, JAVAVER_LIBDIR and JAVAVER_JNIDIR variables). Requires a correct JAVA_LIBDIR, JAVA_HOME and JAVA_CMD. link_jar_repository() links a jar repository. Options could be found in build-jar-repository(1) find_jar() finds a specific extention (jar or directory). Requires a correct JAVA_LIBDIR, JAVAVER_LIBDIR and JVM_LIBDIR. Used by find-jar(1) com- mand. do_find_jar() core routine used by find_jar() check_java_env() checks java environment - the JAVA_HOME, JAVACMD, JAVA_LIBDIR, JNI_LIBDIR variables. DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic shell functions which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-jar-repository(1) find-jar(1) java.conf(5) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch@sourceforge.net> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 java-functions(7)