Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming assign array with a local var??? Post 302510866 by JohnGraham on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 07:35:41 AM
Old 04-05-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zing_foru
surely this will creating issues at the time of porting
Not necessarily - it's valid C99 (I'm pretty sure...), so any compiler that supports that should have no problem with it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk array with printf

I am trying to assign a awk array for further processing later in the script. I can't seem to figure it out. If someone could look at this and help me, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in Advance. for ( x = 1 ; x <= Var ; x++ ) { if ( x in varr ) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH script. (Assign $var to free cmd) ???

Running: GNU/Linux, 2.6.22.9-61.fc6 (hope that's the right info needed) I am trying give the amount of RAM and the % used. I am using free command. I am having some problems with this command code: 1)T = `free | grep Mem | awk '{print $2}'` F = `free | grep Mem | awk '{print $4}'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelFlesh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign words in a string to array

I have a string as "yes why not" I want to create one array variable with contents as one word per place in array.. for above string,the array variable should contain... x="yes,why,not" x = yes x = why x = not Please help me,I am stuck up in the problem since 2 days... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday26
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign a variable to an array

I want to ask the user to enter an X amount of file names. I want to put those names into an array and then loop back through them to verify they are in the directory. 1st- How would I assign the value to an array and what is the correct syntax. 2nd- how would i reference that array after I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvb2727
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign var with set=a[5] not working

Hi Experts, I'm having issue in assigning var with special character , please see below for complete details. $ echo $SHELL /bin/csh $ cat bp abd/asd/a $ awk -F "/" '{print $NF}' bp | awk '{print $1}' a $ set a=`awk -F "/" '{print $NF}' bp | awk '{print $1}'` $ echo $a ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign value to array variable

Hi, I have a piece of code as follows: i=0 while read LINE do var = "$LINE" i=$((i+1)) echo "${var}" done < file I want to assign value to the array var. However, when i execute the script i get a error. Please can you help me know what i am missing. I ultimately want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

assign array with a local var???

topic moved to programming (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign value to array separated by #

Hi all , I have a string like para1#para2#para3 i want to assign para1 as first element para2 as second and so on i tried IFS=# set -A array para1#para2#para3 echo ${array} para1 para2 para3 i want echo ${array} para1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign two dimensional array in bash at once

Hi, I have a 10*10 two dimensional array. How do I assign value to all it's 100 elements at once? I don't want to open two for loops and assign one by one. Thanks, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit14august
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)