Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Troubles with shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Troubles with shell script Post 302510749 by alister on Monday 4th of April 2011 09:40:33 PM
Old 04-04-2011
When printing error messages, you usually want to redirect them to stderr instead of using stdout.
Code:
echo error message 1>&2

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compiling troubles

i keep getting the following error with the code segment below when i try to compile the program. The code is from 'defs.h' parse error before '(' parse error before ')' stray '\' in program this is the code segment and the error is on the second line of the segment #define... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: token
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

NetBSD Troubles

HI, I just installed NetBSD i386 v. latest. I am having a few problems: For some reason X just won't start!? Another is I can't access My CDROM or Floppy. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compariosn troubles...

Hi Guys, I am trying to compare using if, but keep getting some strange results. if ; then keeps creating the file 1 if ; then does not work at all if ; then does not work if ; then does not work if ; then does not work eihter. I am using a ksh, on Solaris (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
9 Replies

4. Programming

Troubles with HPUX

Hello I created an application in c language for HP-UX operative system,and it runs on a 32 bits PARISC processor. My problem is that I have to run this same application but now in a 64 bits Parisc processor. But I am not able to compile the application with the 64 bit server, and I only could use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masterboy6666
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

cron troubles

I have a cronjob that I need to run everyday and it needs to have todays date inputed, here is what I have, but is not working as expected.......... 23 02 * * * cd /path;./RequestSummaryReport.sh $(date +%Y-%m-%d) the output from mail gives me............. Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 02:12:07... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron troubles

I am aware this question has been answered time and again. I feel I have tried everything I have seen on the net and really need help to get this working. Same old story. Shell script, working from command but not from cron. I need my script to take values from a .properties file. Tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: airalpha
2 Replies

7. BSD

PF troubles on OpenBSD 5.0

I am setting up a system as an ADSL gateway. ADSL is working fine. PF is not forwarding for some reason. # ifconfig lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 33196 priority: 0 groups: lo inet6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Troubles with OpenSSH

Hi, I am trying to login from one AIX server to another without using a password, a basic configuration, however it doesn't seem to work. All things are in place. I have both a public and private key in the ~/.ssh folder and also have an "authorized_keys" file on the target-server containing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hille
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Troubles running DB2 command in shell script via cron

Hi there, Now I'm facing error regarding running shell script via cron. The shell script which is required to get value from database. Below is the main part of shell script. #/bin/bash #connect to database(1) db2 connect to $database user xxxx using yyyy #set values from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohan Kishibe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have troubles with bash script: xubuntu systemd.link onboard

Hey there. I'm new in write bash scripts in fact this is my first one so please be patient ;). Also english is not my native language but i hope you understand me anyway. I installed xubuntu on my mothers laptop and every time a new version update gets installed the keyboard doesn't work... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apop85
9 Replies
BOGOLEXER(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 					      BOGOLEXER(1)

NAME
bogolexer - Utility program for separating email messages into tokens SYNOPSIS
bogolexer [-p] [-q] [-h] [-n] [-v] [-x flags] [-c file] [-C] [-D] [-I file] [-O file] [-V] DESCRIPTION
Bogolexer is part of the bogofilter Bayesian spam filter package. It is used to separate messages into tokens and to test new versions of the lexer.l code. OPTIONS
The -p option tells bogolexer to print just the tokens read from stdin, without any extra messages. The -q option tells bogolexer to print a token count, without printing the actual tokens. The -h option prints the help message and exits. The -n option tells bogolexer to map non-ascii characters to the question point '?'. The -v option increases the verbosity level. The -x flags option allows setting of debug flags for printing debug messages. The -cfilename option tells bogolexer to read the config file named. The -C option prevents bogolexer from reading configuration files. The -D option redirects the debugging output to stdout (it defaults to stderr). The -I filename option tells bogolexer to read its input from the specified file, rather than from stdin. The -O filename option tells bogolexer to write its output to the specified file, rather than to stdout. The -V option prints the version number and exits. AUTHOR
The bogofilter developer team. For updates, see the bogofilter project page[1]. SEE ALSO
bogofilter(1), bogotune(1), bogoupgrade(1), bogoutil(1) NOTES
1. the bogofilter project page http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/ Bogofilter 03/15/2010 BOGOLEXER(1)