Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to jump a shell !!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to jump a shell !! Post 302510570 by vgersh99 on Monday 4th of April 2011 11:31:21 AM
Old 04-04-2011
Google is your friend.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix ---> Slackware the big jump, should I?

yea, I'm a really dummie, I have been using Knoppix for a while on a bootable disk, but wanting to switch to Slackware, is this a good decision? could any of you link me to a slackware downloadable site? thanks -Jace:D (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jace
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking jump sequence number (part2)

The following script have some bug...can you all help me: #!/bin/sh start=1 for file_number in `ls -1 /appl/CH_DATA/archive/list1/CACHE/CDBACKUPFILEJohn*.archived | sort | cut -c 48,49,50,51` do if ; then # this is the first pass of the loop, so we've got nothing to compare start=0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Jump to a specific place in a file?

If I cat a file And want to go to the first instance of a particular value - what command would I use? And then from that point where I jumped to search for another value - but only search from that point forward not before the file? Thanks~ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help - script can check jump sequence?

Hi, if I have a lot of files like (AABBCC0010, AABBCC0011, AABBCC0012....AABBCC1000), can I write a small script to check any sequence number jump and show me the result which sequence number? #The first sequence may start from 0010 or 0101... :confused: Thank you!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
10 Replies

5. AIX

jump in a .KSH batch

hi everyone, i need to know if is that possible insert in a batch KSH a "GO TO" sentence to jump at the top or at the end of the job. e.g. top: step1 step2 go to top: thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enge
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] jump from one txt file to another

Hi all, I need to create a bash script that reads a txt file on a remote (Windows 2003) server, gets the IP-addresses out of it and then fetches the folders to copy out of another txt file. (all files are auto-generated) The IP addresses that don't have a folder_list file should be ignored. At... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: laurens
31 Replies

7. Solaris

Jump Start vs Flash Archive

Hi I'm trying to understand the difference between installation methods of Solaris 10, Jump Start vs Flash Archive ? thx for help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Jump to next element in a loop

Hi, i want the loop to move to 3rd item, when it encounters 2 while runing for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 do if then #jump to element 3 else echo $i fi done o/p 1 3 4 5 6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

jump to a section in output

HI I have the following output from an autosys command . Now I would like to investigate further .i.e Start Dependent Job Name Status ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
3 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)