Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: See Fileset Changelog
Operating Systems AIX See Fileset Changelog Post 302510568 by kah00na on Monday 4th of April 2011 11:27:06 AM
Old 04-04-2011
If you "commit" your new filesets when you install them, the old ones are overwritten. If you just "apply" your new filesets, then the old ones are kept in place. The advantage of just "applying" your filesets is that you can see all the older versions you had installed. The disadvantage is that the older filesets take up more space on your disks. I don't think there is any way to see the upgrade dates other than parsing through your /smit.log assuming, of course, that you upgraded through smit.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

GXT250 graphics card fileset

Hello there! Can anybody help me with regards to the driver of GXT250P graphics adapter. I have searched the web for the fileset devices.pci.14103c00 however no success was found. My current AIX version is 4.1.5 and my machine is 7043-140. My installation AIX CD is not working anymore, so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
0 Replies

2. AIX

fileset missing

Hello I need to install this fileset on a server with Aix 5.1 bos.perf.diag_tool bos.perf.libperfstat I go to the link http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/genunix3/aixfixes.html and i find this fileset but the last version thatīs what i need the lastest one for both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script for converting raid configuration log messages to ChangeLog files. ....

hi to all am new to shell scripting..itz very urgent. when i excuting the command metastat(raid configuration info) it will display some information. #metastat d1:submirror status: okey pass:1 d2:submirror staus:okey d3:submirror staus:error if staus is okey.no problem.once i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
0 Replies

4. AIX

Install fileset rsct.basic.rte

Hello! Please I need a help. AIX 5.2 5200-08 I don't have the fileset - rsct.basic.* installed and when I try to install from CD I have failure because some pre-requisists is necessary. In CD the version is rsct.basic.rte.2.3.1.0 and the pre-requisists is rsct.basic.rte.2.3.0.0. In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: clefeitosa
6 Replies

5. AIX

Fileset Dependency Tree and Rebooting

Does such a concept as a "fileset dependency tree diagram" exist? Where at the top of the tree you will find base OS filesets, then further down you will see specific files within the filesets. Basically I am wondering if installing APAR ____ or an individual fileset ____ has: all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apra143
1 Replies

6. AIX

modcrypt.base fileset on Aix 5.3

Hi, Looking for some help downloading the modcrypt.base fileset Checking on google I think modcrypt.base is part of the Aix 5.3 expansion pack Cryptographic Library V5.2 and 5.3. I have downloaded this and it doesn't appear to have the modcrypt.base fileset in. In the same expansion... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elmesy
1 Replies

7. AIX

fileset for aix

Hello I was looking for this fileset "devices.fcp.changer" I looking on the cd media but I cant findt it. The version of Aix is 6.1 All this is because Im trying to connect a disk from Hitachi, everything its look to be fine. but when Im type cfgmgr I got this message. cfgmgr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

8. AIX

broken fileset bos.net.ipsec.keymgt

hi Guys, after an TL update from ML3 to TL10, bos.net.ipsec.keymgt fileset got broken. Although IPsec is not used, we like to all installations identical. After removing the fileset, I tried to reinstall with options overwrite or 'automatically install prereq.' The installation fails. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
2 Replies

9. AIX

hacmp 6.1 base fileset

Hi Folks, We are at HACMP 5.4.1 .. want to upgrade to HACMP 6.1 where can i download the base level fileset for HACMP 6.1 ? do i need to request the vendor for 6.1 CD? am i missing a silverline here??? I thought i could just download the Base Level & Service PAcks from Fix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzahed
1 Replies
showfsets(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      showfsets(8)

NAME
showfsets - Display information about filesets in an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/showfsets [-b | -q] [-k] domain [fileset...] OPTIONS
Lists the names of the filesets in a file domain, without additional detail. Displays the total number of blocks and the number of free 1K blocks. Displays the quota limits for filesets in a domain. OPERANDS
Specifies the full path name of the AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of one or more filesets in the file domain. DESCRIPTION
The showfsets command displays the filesets (or clone filesets) and their characteristics in a specified domain. The characteristics of a fileset are: Fileset Identifier A fileset identifier is a combination of the file-domain identifier and an additional set of numbers that identify the fileset within the file domain. For example, the fileset identifier 2be95ef4.000a129.1.8001 consists of the following: 2be95ef4.000a129 1.8001 Clone status The status items of a clone fileset vary, depending on the fileset. Status items can include: Clone is Specifies the name of a clone fileset, if one exists for the parent fileset. Clone of Specifies the name of the parent fileset, if the displayed fileset is a clone fileset. Revision Specifies the number of times you revised a clone fileset. For example, if you recreate a clone fileset of the same parent fileset three times, the revision value is 3. Files Specifies the number of files in the fileset and the current file usage limits (quotas). SLim, the soft limit, is a quota that can be exceeded for a fixed period of time and HLim, the hard limit, is a quota that cannot be exceeded. Blocks Specifies the number of blocks that are in use by a mounted fileset and the current block soft and hard usage limits (quotas). For filesets that are not mounted, zero blocks will display. For an accurate display, the fileset must be mounted. Quota Status Specifies which quota types are enabled (enforced). The showfsets command with the -q option set displays block and file information for a specified domain or for one or more named filesets in the domain. The characteristics of a named fileset are: BF (block flag) Specifies block (B) and file (F) usage limits. A + in this field means that the soft limit is exceeded; a * means that the hard limit is reached. Block (512) Limits Specifies the number of blocks used, the soft limit (the number of blocks that can be exceeded for a period of time), the hard limit (the number of blocks that cannot be exceeded), and the grace period (the remaining time for which the soft limit may be exceeded). File Limits Specifies the number of files used, the soft and hard file limits for the fileset, and the grace period remaining. Note On a TruCluster Server, showfsets can sometimes report incorrect disk usage. Data in CFS client caches is synchronized to the server at least every 30 seconds. The disk usage reported does not account for dirty data in client caches that has not yet been synchro- nized to the server. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the command line and resulting display for the showfsets command: # showfsets usr_domain usr Id : 2f1dabd6.00059d50.1.8001 Clone is : usr_clone Files : 17644, SLim= 0, HLim= 0 Blocks (512) : 90582, SLim= 212000, HLim= 256000 Quota Status : user=on group=on usr_clone Id : 2f1dabd6.00059d50.3.8052 Clone of : usr Revision : 82 The following example shows the command line and resulting display when the fileset quota option is set: # showfsets -q test_domain Block (512) Limits File Limits Fileset BF used soft hard grace used soft hard grace fileset1 +- 1750 1500 2000 11:32 35 300 400 SEE ALSO
Commands: chfsets(8), mkfset(8), rmfset(8) File Formats: advfs(4) showfsets(8)