Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat matching emcpower names on both rac nodes Post 302510496 by mark54g on Monday 4th of April 2011 07:43:00 AM
Old 04-04-2011
Since this is specific to EMC Powerpath, why not call EMC for support?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Simultaneous searching for files (names matching certain criteria) in several directo

Hello everyone, My OS is AIX 5.2 I would like some help in getting command syntax that does the following: 1. Searches simultaneously several directories downward; 2. Checks every subdirectory in each directory (and so on...) for file names that contain certain characters such as “~”, start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopeful
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell - Matching 3 letter file names

Hi I am running a shell script with bdf command and want to match all files with length 3 inside a specific partitions. How do i do that say for example if i want to list all files with length 3 in /home/jimmy partition, bdf /home/jimmy the output i need is xyx abc yyy amp ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching names in 2 text files

I have 2 text files like ________________________________ Company Name:yada yada ADDRESS:some where, CITY,STATE CONTACT PEOPLE:first_name1.last_name1,first_name2.last_name2,first_name3.last_name3 LEAD:first_name.last_name ________________________________ & Data file2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rider29
1 Replies

4. AIX

RAC on 5.3

I am setting this up on 5.3 and the problem is I cannot remember how to allocate two IP addresses to a NIC. I have setup an alias on EN0 but when I list it with ifconfig -a it still only shows 1 network address (after a reboot). I know there is something I must do but for the life of me cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to converting rac to one rac ?

hi everyone, We have rac system which has two sun solaris M5000s and two oracle 11gR2 databases respectively. Also , we have unix codes on one rac and these unix codes extract txt files for external tables during first step of ETL. We run our unix codes using Util.RunThis java code and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtheone
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command: names matching the expression

Hello all, I need to print directories using find command. The directories names contain date in the format YYYYMMDD or the name of directory is only the date format. I want print directories, which doesn't start with this date. E.g I have dirs like foo20120101 foo20120101foo 20120101foo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satin1321
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching the header of a .CSV file with dynamic field names

I have a .CSV file (frequency - weekly) whose header contains the year-week value in two of the columns which keeps changing every week. For an instance please see below. Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4,Column5,Column6,Column7,Column8,Column9,Column10,Column11,Column12,Column13,201420... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matching file in bash with variable file names but consisent prefixs

As part of a bash the below line strips off a numerical prefix from directory 1 to search for in directory 2. for file in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*.txt do file1=${file##*/} # Strip off directory getprefix=${file1%%_*.txt} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)						     SG3_UTILS							SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)

NAME
sg_emc_trespass - change ownership of SCSI LUN from another Service-Processor to this one SYNOPSIS
sg_emc_trespass [-d] [-hr] [-s] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
sg_emc_trespass sends an EMC-specific Trespass Command to the DEVICE with the selected options. This Mode Select changes the ownership of the LUN of the device from another Service-Processor to the one the command was received on. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -d outputs some extra debug information associated with executing this command -hr Sets the 'Honor Reservation' bit in the command. If set, the trespass will only succeed to change the ownership from the Peer SP if the Peer SP does not have an outstanding SCSI reservation for the LUN. By default, the reservation state will be ignored. -s Send the short version of the trespass command instead of the long version. The short version is supported on the EMC FC5300, FC4500 and FC4700. The long version (default) is supported on the CLARiiON CX and AX family arrays. -V print out version string then exit. In the 2.4 series of Linux kernels the DEVICE must be a SCSI generic (sg) device. In the 2.6 series block devices (e.g. SCSI disks and DVD drives) can also be specified. For example "sg_start 0 /dev/sda" will work in the 2.6 series kernels. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_emc_trespass is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHOR
Written by Lars Marowsky-Bree, based on sg_start. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Lars Marowsky-Bree, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.35 December 2012 SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)