Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Advanced sed/awk help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Advanced sed/awk help Post 302510049 by Shell_Life on Friday 1st of April 2011 11:50:00 AM
Old 04-01-2011
Where is "filename1", "filename2", etc. located in the input file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advanced LS?

My goal is simply to output a listing of all files in a directory and all subdirectories, one per line, ****with their full path****. The *** part is what I can't figure out. I can get one on a line and I like having the extra info, so I'm using ls -Rl right now. But what I get is just the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bostonrobot
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed in awk ? or nested awk ?

Hey all, Can I put sed command inside the awk action ?? If not then can i do grep in the awk action ?? For ex: awk '$1=="174" { ppid=($2) ; sed -n '/$ppid/p' tempfind.txt ; }' tempfind.txt Assume: 174 is string. Assume: tempfind.txt is used for awk and sed both. tempfind.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced I/O

What is Stream Devices and Stream pipes? Explain Advanced I/O ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thangappan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced grep and sed

I am wondering if there is a way via grep and sed to extract a string that is on the 2nd line below a known marker as in this example: TextRel 203 0 0 "WELL:" SetPosAbs 1287 -6676 TextRel 210 0 0 "AEP #2" The marker is WELL:, but the string I need is "AEP #2". Can grep/sed handle this... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: phudgens
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

advanced awk

Hi all Input group1 user1 user2 user3 group2 user4 user5 user1 group3 user6 user7 user8 Desired output group1 group2 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with awk (making simple/advanced ini parser)

Hello I'm searching some kind of example (or ready-made solution, but I don't really want it, because I want to learn awk more), to make something like a parser in awk for something like this (I put example, because I don't really know how to explain this): line1=1 line2=0 line3=1... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jormung
23 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT - advanced help

Hi, i need to automate installation (console) of product and found except as solution.iam new to expect and know basics of expect. i am struck with the following cases and need help for them to continue: 1) in every screen of installation at the end we have kind of buttons which we need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai Harika
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation with sed - Advanced technic

Hello everybody, I have the following input file: START ANALYSIS 1 DATA LINE DATA LINE DATA LINE DATA LINE Libray /home/me/myLibrary Source library_name_AAAAA DATA LINE DATA LINE DATA LINE BEGIN SOURCE ANALYSIS Function A Function B Function C Function D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: namnetes
4 Replies
bdiff(1)							   User Commands							  bdiff(1)

NAME
bdiff - big diff SYNOPSIS
bdiff filename1 filename2 [n] [-s] DESCRIPTION
bdiff is used in a manner analogous to diff to find which lines in filename1 and filename2 must be changed to bring the files into agree- ment. Its purpose is to allow processing of files too large for diff. If filename1 (filename2) is -, the standard input is read. bdiff ignores lines common to the beginning of both files, splits the remainder of each file into n-line segments, and invokes diff on cor- responding segments. If both optional arguments are specified, they must appear in the order indicated above. The output of bdiff is exactly that of diff, with line numbers adjusted to account for the segmenting of the files (that is, to make it look as if the files had been processed whole). Note: Because of the segmenting of the files, bdiff does not necessarily find a smallest sufficient set of file differences. OPTIONS
n The number of line segments. The value of n is 3500 by default. If the optional third argument is given and it is numeric, it is used as the value for n. This is useful in those cases in which 3500-line segments are too large for diff, causing it to fail. -s Specifies that no diagnostics are to be printed by bdiff (silent option). Note: However, this does not suppress possible diagnos- tic messages from diff, which bdiff calls. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of bdiff when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). FILES
/tmp/bd????? ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use help for explanations. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 bdiff(1)