Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to move files with similar names to folder Post 302509850 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 31st of March 2011 11:36:45 PM
Old 04-01-2011
Have a look at his post again the .wav files don't have leading zero in the "of" part eg: 9780743579491_02of2_my filename.wav.

It's a nasty situation and I feel some sort of fuzzy name matching is needed here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing file names and then grouping similar files

Hello Friends, I have .tar files which exists under different directories after the below code is run: find . -name "*" -type f -print | grep .tar > tmp.txt cat tmp.txt ./dir1/subdir1/subdir2/database-db1_28112009.tar ./dir2/subdir3/database-db2_28112009.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

2. Linux

Create folder by script & move files in it

Hi Team, I have over 1 lakh pdf files. I want to create folders like Disk-1, Disk-2 ..... & want to move 3000 pdfs per folder. Can i do it by script? Please help me. Thanks & Regards Parag Nehete (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two columns from two files with similar names into a loop

I have two files like this: fileA.net A B C fileA.dat 1 2 3 and I want the output output_expected A 1 B 2 C 3 I know that the easier way is to do a paste fileA.net fileA.dat, but the problem is that I have 10,000 couple of files (fileB.net with fileB.dat; fileC.net with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move one folder to multiple folder...

Hi All, I have to requirement to write a shell script to move file from one folder (A) to another five folder (B,C,D,E,F) and destination folder should be blank. In not blank just skip. This script will run as a scheduler every 2 minutes. It will check number of files in folder A and move 1 to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: peekuabc
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in directory with similar names

So, I have a directory tree that has many files named thusly: X_REVY.PDF I need to find any files that have the same X portion (which can be nearly anything) as any another file (in any directory) but have different Y portions (which can be any number from 1-99). I then need it to return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamezero
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from various folders to similar folder structure in another location

Hi, I need to write a script the has to copy the files from folders and subfolders to the same folder structure located in another location. Ex: mainfolder1 file1,file2,file3 subfolder1(file1,etc) subfolder2(file1,etc) to another folder location of same folder structure. rsync is not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji Perumal
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from Space Folder to other folder

I want to move a folder with spaces from one folder to another. I have two folders like this, 1).RT_032-222 -4444-01/ 2). RT_032-555 -7777-01/ I want to move files from 2 to 1 through shell script.Here I want to assign this like a user defined variable like as Source branch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move the files older than x days with similar directory structure?

Hello, I need to move all the files inside /XYZ (has multi-depth sub directories) that are older than 14 days to/ABC directory but with retaining the SAME directory structure. for example: /XYZ/1/2/3/A/b.txt should be moved as /ABC/1/2/3/A/b.txt I know about find /XYZ -type f -mtime +14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files and Creation of folder structure

We are receiving few zipped files in one location say : apple/oranges/incoming All .zip files are placed here in incoming folder. So few of the files are password encrypted. There are only 10 zipped files, so we are planning to create a script which will pick that zip file from incoming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sidhant
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
MP3CUT(1)							   User Command 							 MP3CUT(1)

NAME
mp3cut - cut and assemble MP3 files SYNOPSIS
mp3cut [ -o outputfile ] [ -T title ] [ -A artist ] [ -N album-name ] [ -t [hh:]mm:ss[+ms]-[hh:]mm:ss[+ms] ] mp3file [[ -t ... ] mp3file1 ...] DESCRIPTION
The mp3cut utility cuts and assembles MP3 files according to the time specifications given on the command line. The mp3 output is written to the outputfile. If no outputfile is given on the command-line, the name for the outputfile is created from the name of the first mp3 file by adding output.mp3 at the end. The -t flag specifies which part of the mp3 file following it will be extracted. OPTIONS
-o outputfile Specify where the output is to be written. -T title Specify the title ID3 tag for the output file. -A artist Specify the artist ID3 tag for the output file. -N album-name Specify the album name ID3 tag for the output file. -t [hh:]mm:ss[+ms]-[hh:]mm:ss[+ms] Specify which part of the following mp3file will be included in the output file. hh = hours mm = minutes ss = seconds ms = milliseconds If the starting time is omitted, 00:00:00+00 is used as starting time. If the ending time is omitted, the end of the MP3 file is used as ending time. EXAMPLES
mp3cut -o output.mp3 -t 23:42+500-01:23:42+750 input.mp3 Cut the segment from 23 minutes, 42 seconds and 500 milliseconds to 1 hour, 23 minutes, 42 seconds and 750 milliseconds from input.mp3 and write the output to output.mp3. mp3cut -t 00:01-00:02 input1.mp3 -t -15:23 input2.mp3 -t 9:87+500- input3.mp3 Append the segments from input1.mp3, input2.mp3 and input3.mp3 and write the output to input1.output.mp3. AUTHORS
Manuel Odendahl <manuel@bl0rg.net>, Florian Wesch <dividuum@bl0rg.net> February 2005 MP3CUT(1)