Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep: get last 3 lines containing PATTERN from many files Post 302509692 by pnemeth on Thursday 31st of March 2011 01:00:15 PM
Old 03-31-2011
grep: get last 3 lines containing PATTERN from many files

Hi all,

I am looking for a quick solution for this:

I have many log files of an iterative program, and I would like to display the parameters of the last three iteration from each of those files. Relevant lines have the keyword: ITER
I am using:
Code:
tac ~/modeling*/fitting.log | grep -m 3 -e ITER | tac

This works fine for the first directory, modeling1, and returns:
Code:
#f#N  28497.4 0.848 ITER  2.041
#f#N  28497.4 1.034 ITER  2.915
#f#N  28497.4 1.869 ITER  4.165

Is there any similarly simple one liner to get all of them? I have 8 directories, so I expect 24 lines of output.

Thank you!
Peter

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-31-2011 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to show lines only after pattern

When i grep for a pattern the search results comes up with matching lines(some before the pattern and some after)...how can i limit the search so that it shows only the lines after the pattern specified (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep required pattern and next 2 or 3 lines

dear ones pl.kindly help me 1) how to print(grep) required pattern and following 2 or 3 lines. 2) grep required pattern(to print)+above 2 lines+below 2 or 3 lines.from a report file. ex: we have some report file kf askfjsk fksaj fk skf sjfksjd kff sjfkjs kf jskdjfklsd jfklsdf sdkfjsd fsd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to grep (say)last-3 and next-3 lines of Desired Pattern

Hi All, OS-Type=Sun-OS 5.8 Sparc9 Processor Can I grep the previous 4 lines and next 4 lines of a matched pattern(context grep)? For example here we need to monitor logs of live traffic.The data obtained from "tail -f LiveTrafficData.log" looks something like this:-... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujan Banerjee
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep with 8 lines before and after pattern.

OK. I have a file I'd like to be able to grep, but on top of returning the line where the pattern matches, I'd like to be able to get the previous 8 lines and the following 8 lines. Is there a way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines before a pattern having some other pattern

Hi All, I am trying to fetch lines before a pattern, I got to know about -B flag in grep but we have to pass the number to get those lines before some pattern say (X), now what if I want to get line/s with some other pattern say (Y) before X pattern? How to get about it? please help. Input:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

7. AIX

Grep a pattern and print following n lines

Hi all, I am struck with the below requirement. I need to grep a particular pattern in a file and then print next n lines of it for further processing. I have used the below code grep -A 3 "pattern" filename But it is throwing error as below. grep: illegal option -- A Can... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep pattern only and surrounding lines

Hello, I am trying to grep search a pattern and a line before it. cat input >record1 hello1hello2hellonhello3 >record2 helloohello1hello2hello3 When I use, grep with -o option and either of -A/B/C options, I still can't see lines before or after the pattern. But the exact pattern is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all lines with the pattern .sh

Linux version : Oracle Linux 6.5 Shell : bash In the the below text file (someString.text), I want to grep all lines with .sh in it. ie. Only the lines mysript.sh and anotherscript.sh should be returned. My below attempts failed. I gather that in regular expression world, dot (.) is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
zcgesv.f(3)							      LAPACK							       zcgesv.f(3)

NAME
zcgesv.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine zcgesv (N, NRHS, A, LDA, IPIV, B, LDB, X, LDX, WORK, SWORK, RWORK, ITER, INFO) ZCGESV computes the solution to system of linear equations A * X = B for GE matrices (mixed precision with iterative refinement) Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine zcgesv (integerN, integerNRHS, complex*16, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, integer, dimension( * )IPIV, complex*16, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, complex*16, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, complex*16, dimension( n, * )WORK, complex, dimension( * )SWORK, double precision, dimension( * )RWORK, integerITER, integerINFO) ZCGESV computes the solution to system of linear equations A * X = B for GE matrices (mixed precision with iterative refinement) Purpose: ZCGESV computes the solution to a complex system of linear equations A * X = B, where A is an N-by-N matrix and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices. ZCGESV first attempts to factorize the matrix in COMPLEX and use this factorization within an iterative refinement procedure to produce a solution with COMPLEX*16 normwise backward error quality (see below). If the approach fails the method switches to a COMPLEX*16 factorization and solve. The iterative refinement is not going to be a winning strategy if the ratio COMPLEX performance over COMPLEX*16 performance is too small. A reasonable strategy should take the number of right-hand sides and the size of the matrix into account. This might be done with a call to ILAENV in the future. Up to now, we always try iterative refinement. The iterative refinement process is stopped if ITER > ITERMAX or for all the RHS we have: RNRM < SQRT(N)*XNRM*ANRM*EPS*BWDMAX where o ITER is the number of the current iteration in the iterative refinement process o RNRM is the infinity-norm of the residual o XNRM is the infinity-norm of the solution o ANRM is the infinity-operator-norm of the matrix A o EPS is the machine epsilon returned by DLAMCH('Epsilon') The value ITERMAX and BWDMAX are fixed to 30 and 1.0D+00 respectively. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The number of linear equations, i.e., the order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. A A is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the N-by-N coefficient matrix A. On exit, if iterative refinement has been successfully used (INFO.EQ.0 and ITER.GE.0, see description below), then A is unchanged, if double precision factorization has been used (INFO.EQ.0 and ITER.LT.0, see description below), then the array A contains the factors L and U from the factorization A = P*L*U; the unit diagonal elements of L are not stored. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,N). IPIV IPIV is INTEGER array, dimension (N) The pivot indices that define the permutation matrix P; row i of the matrix was interchanged with row IPIV(i). Corresponds either to the single precision factorization (if INFO.EQ.0 and ITER.GE.0) or the double precision factorization (if INFO.EQ.0 and ITER.LT.0). B B is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X X is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) If INFO = 0, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). WORK WORK is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N*NRHS) This array is used to hold the residual vectors. SWORK SWORK is COMPLEX array, dimension (N*(N+NRHS)) This array is used to use the single precision matrix and the right-hand sides or solutions in single precision. RWORK RWORK is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) ITER ITER is INTEGER < 0: iterative refinement has failed, COMPLEX*16 factorization has been performed -1 : the routine fell back to full precision for implementation- or machine-specific reasons -2 : narrowing the precision induced an overflow, the routine fell back to full precision -3 : failure of CGETRF -31: stop the iterative refinement after the 30th iterations > 0: iterative refinement has been sucessfully used. Returns the number of iterations INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, U(i,i) computed in COMPLEX*16 is exactly zero. The factorization has been completed, but the factor U is exactly singular, so the solution could not be computed. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 201 of file zcgesv.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 zcgesv.f(3)