Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting hex to ascii/decimal Post 302509622 by Shiftkey on Thursday 31st of March 2011 09:45:16 AM
Old 03-31-2011
Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal.

Data Example:

Quote:
------------
ip = 10.2.3.4
------------
Hardware= [ 38 30 30 30 ]
Errors= [ 00 a1 ]
Full= [ 63 ]
SW Version= [ 31 2e 38 2e 31 2e 31 30 39 ]
Test= [ 76 ]
------------
ip = 10.2.3.8
------------
Hardware= [ 34 30 30 30 ]
Errors= [ 00 a1 ]
Full= [ 45 ]
SW Version= [ 31 2e 38 2e 31 2e 31 30 39 ]
Test= [ 76 ]
The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the Errors, Full, Test values I need to convert from hex to decimal.

The output should look like the following:

Quote:
------------
ip = 10.2.3.4
------------
Hardware= [ 8000 ]
Errors= [ 161 ]
Full= [ 99 ]
SW Version= [ 1.8.1.109]
Test= [ 118 ]
------------
ip = 10.2.3.8
------------
Hardware= [ 4000]
Errors= [ 161 ]
Full= [ 69 ]
SW Version= [ 1.8.1.109 ]
Test= [ 118 ]
Thanks for any help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting Binary decimal coded values to Ascii Values

Hi All, Is there any command which can convert binary decimal coded values to ascii values... i have bcd values like below оооооооооооо0о-- -v - Pls suggest a way to convert this. Thanks, Deepti.Gaur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hex to decimal

hi all, echo "ibase=16;obase=10;11" | bc shouldn't i get 17? i am getting 11 i am trying to convert 11 (hex) to decimal stuck! JAK (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

5. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

6. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal to hex conversion

Dear All PROs Thanks in advance need a shell for Decimal to hex conversion input file (decimal values) 65,5,48,66,133,131,118,47 65,5,48,66,133,131,83,63 . . desire output should be (Hex value)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert hex to decimal

can someone help me in converting hex streams to decimal values using perl script Hex value: $my_hex_stream="0c07ac14001676"; Every hex value in the above stream should be converted in to decimal and separated by comma. The output should be: 12,07,172,20,00,22,118 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting decimal to hex

How to convert decimal value to hex and than take 1st digits as variable sample data 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 i can use {printf "%x,%d\n",$1,$2} but than i want to filter base on 1st hex digit 1st recrd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: before4
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD