Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP passing variables date
Operating Systems Solaris SFTP passing variables date Post 302509562 by fspalero on Thursday 31st of March 2011 05:16:54 AM
Old 03-31-2011
SFTP passing variables date

Hi,

Anyone can help me on how to solve my problem not getting the actual $DATE saying . Here my scripts;
Code:
#!/bin/sh
DATE='20110331'
sftp -oUserKnownHostsFile=/.ssh/known_hosts -oIdentityFile=/.ssh/id_rsa -b /source/transfer.sh server1@sftp.com  <<EOF

#tranfer.sh
put /getdir/tranx_$DATE.txt
quit
EOF

error saying : File "/getdir/tranx_$DATE.txt" not found

But the file was there : /getdir/tranx_20110331.txt

Thanks in Advance,
FSP

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 03-31-2011 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variables

Hi, Is there any way to pass variable to a sed script.For awk we have -v option.like that do we have any way to pass variable to a sed script from a awk script or from normal script? Thanx, sounder (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sounder123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables: sftp using -b batchfile

Hi All, I have created a script for an sftp transfer that works without a date variable being passed, I want it to work with a date variable being passed. So, my initial script, mainsftp.sh, looks like this: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_miller
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE on SFTP fucntion ,parameter passing!

Hi Everyone!! Hey i created a SFTP function to FTP the file from unix to Linux. I need to FTP the 48 files from unix to linux. IP=$1 Userid=$2 Prikeypath=$3 SrcPath=$4 DstPath=$5 Files=$6 BATCHFILE=sftp.batch.$$ LOGFILE=sftp.log.$$ #Compose batch file & pass as argument to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing 2 variables

Hi All, I need to pass 2 variables name 'vamskt' and 'vamsi'. Here is my question: delete from gpi.usergroup where usg_user_id in ('vamskt'); delete from gpi.userroles where uro_user_id in ('vamskt'); delete from gpi.user where usr_id in ('vamskt'); insert into gpi.user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvamsikiran
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

SFTP without passing the password

Hi All, I am trying to do SFTP without passing the password. I did it by generating the Key pair on both source and destination servers but the problem is My script is running with BATCHADM user whereas I am doing SFTP using another username (sftp user1@destinationServer) due to which it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaurr06
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP Passing without DSA Key check

Hi, I am trying to connect through SFTP. Though the DSA 2048 public key is installed in the server machine, the connection is established only with password authentication! When i turn off password authentication in sshd_config file the connection is not working. Please advise, Best... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maharajan
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

SFTP Passing without DSA Key check

Hi, I am trying to connect through SFTP. Though the DSA 2048 public key is installed in the server machine, the connection is established only with password authentication! When i turn off password authentication in sshd_config file the connection is not working. Please advise, Best... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maharajan
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variables

I have below data: DAY1=10202013 I am trying below but not getting the desired output: COUNT=1 DATE=DAY$COUNT echo "Date is $DATE" However output I am getting is: Date is DAY1 I wanted the output as: Date is 10202013 I tried following as well: DAY1=10202013 COUNT=1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockyr1985
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing -f with rm command in sftp

Is there any way I can pass -f with rm command in sftp? If I use it it treats -f as a file name to be removed. sftp> rm -f abcd Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory Removing /home/sdesai/-f Couldn't delete file: No such file or directory sftp> "rm -f" abcd Invalid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
2 Replies
ssh_sftpd(3erl) 					     Erlang Module Definition						   ssh_sftpd(3erl)

NAME
ssh_sftpd - Specifies a channel process to handle a sftp subsystem. DESCRIPTION
Specifies a channel process to handle a sftp subsystem. COMMON DATA TYPES
subsystem_spec() = {subsystem_name(), {channel_callback(), channel_init_args()}} subsystem_name() = "sftp" channel_callback() = atom() - Name of the erlang module implementing the subsystem using the ssh_channel behavior see ssh_channel(3erl) channel_init_args() = list() - The one given as argument to function subsystem_spec/1. EXPORTS
subsystem_spec(Options) -> subsystem_spec() Types Options = [{Option, Value}] Should be used together with ssh:daemon/[1,2,3] Options are: {cwd, String} : Sets the initial current working directory for the server. {file_handler, CallbackModule} : Determines which module to call for communicating with the file server. Default value is ssh_sftpd_file that uses the file and filelib API:s to access the standard OTP file server. This option may be used to plug in the use of other file servers. {max_files, Integer} : The default value is 0 , which means that there is no upper limit. If supplied, the number of filenames returned to the sftp client per READDIR request, is limited to at most the given value. {root, String} : Sets the sftp root directory. The user will then not be able to see any files above this root. If for instance the root is set to /tmp the user will see this directory as / and if the user does cd /etc the user will end up in /tmp/etc . Ericsson AB ssh 2.0.4 ssh_sftpd(3erl)