Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with saving mails (fetchmail + procmail + uudeview) Post 302509380 by DGPickett on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 04:20:34 PM
Old 03-30-2011
Everything is just past the Door.

OK, so attachments is not it, you cannot get to user1. The mention of user2@ on the poll line is not supported by the man page Man Page for fetchmail (All Section 0) - The UNIX and Linux Forums

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

fetchmail with pop3

once i used kmail (or sometimes outlook express) for my e-mail client. i had no problem with that. now being with unix console, i want to retrieve pop3 mails, using fetchmail. (where i can browse my mailbox(es) later) and it seems something i'm missing or do not understand. assuming my e-mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaguar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail taking long time to fetchmail...

Hi peeps, We are having around 60 users. The time set to retrieve the mail is 300 sec. But it's taking around 1 hour to deliver mails. I am using debian sarge 3.1. any clues? And how it will affect if I decrease the time? My machine has got 1 p4 3.0 GHZ processor and 1 GB ram. The home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with sendmail procmail spamassasin & relay

I have been working on setting up a mail relay. I have just about everything working except for the procmail part. The configuration is as follows: Internet -> mailrelay -> mail server | spamassassin server I have spamassassin running on a seperate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hardesty
3 Replies

4. Linux

Fetchmail Help

Hello there Unix & Linux Guru's and Gifted ones, Can anyone help me configure fetchmail on my redhat 9.0 This sounds to be silly but really I'm new to linux. I really need step by step installation and configuration on our company's required Redhat 9.0 (shrike) OS. Thank you and God... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggled_boy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with renaming and saving

Hello mates, I am quite new to script programming and I am facing an uphill task to rename files in one folder. I have gone through similar posts but most of them deal with renaming files by changing the file extensions. Problem : I have a folder which contains files like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirag.joshi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

.procmailrc and uudeview (put attachments from diff senders to diff folders)

Moderator, please, delete this topic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: optik77
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem saving return value of subroutine in perl

Hi all, I have this code #This program read the triplets from file named "data" into #an array of array. use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; use Graph; use Graph::Subgraph; my @S; while (<>) { push @S, ; } print "-----TRIPLETS-------\n"; print Dumper \@S; #Make... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushadrena
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Some mails not scanned by SpamAssassin 3.4.1 w sendmail/procmail on Fedora 21

We have a user who has about a 50% missed rate on spam detection. I'm wondering if his user prefs or something is preventing scanning of all messages? SpamAssassin version 3.4.1, running on Perl version 5.20.3, sendmail Version 8.15.2 The contents of the user_prefs file: # How many points... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)