Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with saving mails (fetchmail + procmail + uudeview) Post 302509362 by optik77 on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 03:21:48 PM
Old 03-30-2011
No!

I get attachment and full message copy only from user2!
From user1 I don't get anything..

I think that problem in next: when I send mail from user3 to user1, it firstly resends to door@localhost (but why?) and then falls to some queue and doesn't goes to user1... but why it doesn't happy with user2? It's strange.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

fetchmail with pop3

once i used kmail (or sometimes outlook express) for my e-mail client. i had no problem with that. now being with unix console, i want to retrieve pop3 mails, using fetchmail. (where i can browse my mailbox(es) later) and it seems something i'm missing or do not understand. assuming my e-mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaguar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail taking long time to fetchmail...

Hi peeps, We are having around 60 users. The time set to retrieve the mail is 300 sec. But it's taking around 1 hour to deliver mails. I am using debian sarge 3.1. any clues? And how it will affect if I decrease the time? My machine has got 1 p4 3.0 GHZ processor and 1 GB ram. The home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with sendmail procmail spamassasin & relay

I have been working on setting up a mail relay. I have just about everything working except for the procmail part. The configuration is as follows: Internet -> mailrelay -> mail server | spamassassin server I have spamassassin running on a seperate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hardesty
3 Replies

4. Linux

Fetchmail Help

Hello there Unix & Linux Guru's and Gifted ones, Can anyone help me configure fetchmail on my redhat 9.0 This sounds to be silly but really I'm new to linux. I really need step by step installation and configuration on our company's required Redhat 9.0 (shrike) OS. Thank you and God... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggled_boy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with renaming and saving

Hello mates, I am quite new to script programming and I am facing an uphill task to rename files in one folder. I have gone through similar posts but most of them deal with renaming files by changing the file extensions. Problem : I have a folder which contains files like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirag.joshi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

.procmailrc and uudeview (put attachments from diff senders to diff folders)

Moderator, please, delete this topic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: optik77
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem saving return value of subroutine in perl

Hi all, I have this code #This program read the triplets from file named "data" into #an array of array. use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; use Graph; use Graph::Subgraph; my @S; while (<>) { push @S, ; } print "-----TRIPLETS-------\n"; print Dumper \@S; #Make... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushadrena
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Some mails not scanned by SpamAssassin 3.4.1 w sendmail/procmail on Fedora 21

We have a user who has about a 50% missed rate on spam detection. I'm wondering if his user prefs or something is preventing scanning of all messages? SpamAssassin version 3.4.1, running on Perl version 5.20.3, sendmail Version 8.15.2 The contents of the user_prefs file: # How many points... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
2 Replies
MAILFILTER(1)							   User Manuals 						     MAILFILTER(1)

NAME
mailfilter - Filters e-mail, gets rid of spam SYNOPSIS
mailfilter [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Mailfilter is a very flexible utility to get rid of unwanted spam mails, before having to go through the trouble of downloading them into the local computer. It offers support for one or many POP accounts and is especially useful for dialup connections via modem, ISDN, etc. Mailfilter connects to any POP mail box and compares part of its content to a set of user defined filter rules. That way the spam gets deleted directly on the mail server. With Mailfilter you can define your own filters (rules) to determine which e-mails should be delivered and which are considered waste. Rules are Regular Expressions, so you can make use of familiar options from other mail delivery programs such as procmail(1) for example. RETURN VALUE
The mailfilter program normally returns 0 but -1 if an error occurs. However, if it has been invoked with the return-value command line switch, it gives back a positive integer in case there are messages on the POP server. Empty POP accounts would then result in a return value of 0. Using the switch, mailfilter can be embedded into a shell script more easily. CONFIGURATION
The behaviour of Mailfilter is controlled by command-line options and a configuration file. The program will not start without it. Example configurations can be looked up in the mailfilterex(5) man page, in the INSTALL document or inside the doc/ directory of the Mailfilter distribution. By default Mailfilter tries to read $HOME/.mailfilterrc to get all its settings from. This is the place where all changes should be made, unless it is explicitly specified otherwise. A comprehensive list of all supported options and keywords can be found in the mailfilterrc(5) man page. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help information -L, --logfile=FILE Specify logfile location -M, --mailfilterrc=FILE Specify rcfile location -r, --return-value Enable additional return values -t, --test Simulate deletes -i, --ignore-time-stamps Ignore invalid Message-ID time stamps (Do not use unless you know better!) -v, --verbose=LEVEL Specify level of verbosity -V, --version Display version information SEE ALSO
mailfilterrc(5), mailfilterex(5), procmail(1), regex(7) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Andreas Bauer <baueran@gmail.com> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Mailfilter January 2009 MAILFILTER(1)