Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reserve Ephemeral ports
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Reserve Ephemeral ports Post 302509306 by DGPickett on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 01:22:16 PM
Old 03-30-2011
You could put a tcp_relay.c listener on 40001 to forward the connection to localhost:21. It can pick up the port (bind) for listen() even if in use for non-bound sockets, with SO_REUSEADDR.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Reserve Failed error for HD

Hi Guys, Anybody come across this error when formating a harddisk. "Reserved Failed" Supected hardisk failure, is my assumption correct. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigmoon
5 Replies

2. Linux

proper way to reserve ports in linux

How do you debug a perl script non interactively, similar to bash -x? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Reserve Memory for Global Zone

We have several containers on one machine and would like to reserve some memory for the global zone. capped-memory only allows max physical/swap and setting a max on each container isn't an option. The server has 32GB physical and 30GB swap. Currently there are ten containers on it. Normally... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharjahn
6 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Create file for space Reserve

Hi All, I want to make a 3GB of space reserve on Solaris. Let me know whether there is a way by creating empty file of 3GB so that i can delete that file in future to utilize that space. Or any other better ways for space reserve. -Vinodh' Kumar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reserve resources (memory and processes)

I have a shell script which sets some variables and then calls modules of a program in succession, one by one. Problem is that the script is executed on servers with many users, so sometimes the script starts running, runs for 10 minutes and then breaks due to lack of resources when other users run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tetreb
1 Replies

6. AIX

Reserve Ports

Hi I have a ticket to Reserve ports for SAS install in SAS servers. Does anyone knows the procedure how to do it. it will be helpful for me please Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Which is the effective ephemeral port range in Linux 2.6 for this set up?

In my Linux system ephemeral port range is showing different ranges as follows $ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range 32768 61000  cat /etc/sysctl.conf | grep net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 9000 65500 Which will be the effective ephemeral port... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steephen
5 Replies

8. AIX

Forcing named 9 to use a fixed ephemeral port range

I'll start with I'm not an AIX expert, I inherited a lot of AIX servers to maintain. My problem is on AIX 7.1 TL4 SP4 environments. I'm running named as a DNS forwarder only to internal DNS servers. These AIX servers have a customized UDP ephemeral port range to avoid conflicting with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanc
0 Replies
XINE-REMOTE(1x) 														   XINE-REMOTE(1x)

NAME
xine-remote - a small tool to connect xine remote control server. SYNOPSIS
xine-remote [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the xine-remote tool. xine-remote can replace a raw telnet connection to a xine remote control server. It use the readline facilities (completion, vi/emacs shortcuts, command history, etc...). By default, it try to connect the localhost, using the default port (see xine(1)). OPTIONS
The program follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long ioptions starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. -H, --host <hostname> Try to connect <hostname>. -P, --port <port> Try to connect the host using <port>. -c, --command <command> Send <command> to server then quit. The command should be single quoted if it contain spaces or special characters. -n, --noconnect Do not initiate the connection on startup. -v, --version Display version. -h, --help Display options summary. COMMANDS
Few commands are available, which are used to open or close a connection: ? Display available commands (the xine-remote ones + server ones when connection is established). help <command> Display the purpose of <command>, if that is omitted, display available commands. syntax <command> Display the usage of <command>. version Display version. open <server[:port]> Open connection to server. A port can be optionally specified, using colon (:) separator. close Close connection. quit Leaving xine-remote. SEE ALSO
xine(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Caujolle-Bert <f1rmb@users.sourceforge.net> for the xine project. The xine project 2002-04-16 XINE-REMOTE(1x)