Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: openssl installing certs
Operating Systems Solaris openssl installing certs Post 302509222 by MichaelInDC on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 10:13:05 AM
Old 03-30-2011
openssl installing certs

First, let me openly admit that I am a dummy when it comes to openssl. I've never used it before.

I am running SunOS 5.10. I am trying to install the certs for openssl but have no idea how to do that.

What I have done so far:

1. Created a CSR using the following command:
openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -out myserver.csr -keyout myserver.key

2. I then submitted myserver.csr to Cybertrust and received 2 files back: 12345_cert.pem and 12345_chainp7.pem

3. Copied both files to /etc/sfw/openssl/certs.

Now what do I do. I'm sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but I am completely lost. Does the cert need to be imported? And how do I test that the cert is properly installed, and that the cert itself is good?

Thanks everyone!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssl certs

Hi all can anyone tell me how i can discover the strength of encryption in an ssl cert. I have used various methods ie apps and verisign web page but they just give me general info. I need to know the encryption level. The cert in question is used in Weblogic application for Solaris 8 any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminal sessions and certs

Hello a few Q's that if anyone knows the answer to i would be grateful: :confused: when exiting a terminal session run through a windows environment i can either type exit or use ctrl +D. I was wondering if one way was a 'cleaner' method to exit then the other or whether it is executed the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hu$h
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

novell certs ?

i want to be cne certified. how good are certmagic preps for novell exams ?. i have heared they r very close to real exams . any comments ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unaiiim
0 Replies

4. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to Find all the SSL certs on a give host Cent OS

Hi I am trying to find all the ssl certs installed/located on cent os Host , Please help . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartguyz2012
1 Replies

7. Programming

Perl to extract ssl certs from xml file

HI Guys, I'm a newbie in perl. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certs from apache ca-bundle.crt file?

Apache web server reads Certificate Authority(CA) certs from ../cert/ca-bundle.crt file for SSL authentication. It has all certs in PEM format and no way to know exactly what they are. I want to get each cert seperated by boundary strings into a file and feed it to "keytool" command to see what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue w/manually installing OpenSSL 1.0.1j

My Redhat Enterprise 5 system is vulnerable to POODLE and there does not seem to be a Redhat fix coming down the pipe. So I have downloaded OpenSSL 1.0.1j from source and built it. My question is ho do I make sure the Apache and Tomcat use the1.0.1j version and not the distro version. Thanks,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspersgrin
0 Replies
NSEQ(1SSL)							      OpenSSL								NSEQ(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-nseq, nseq - create or examine a Netscape certificate sequence SYNOPSIS
openssl nseq [-help] [-in filename] [-out filename] [-toseq] DESCRIPTION
The nseq command takes a file containing a Netscape certificate sequence and prints out the certificates contained in it or takes a file of certificates and converts it into a Netscape certificate sequence. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -in filename This specifies the input filename to read or standard input if this option is not specified. -out filename Specifies the output filename or standard output by default. -toseq Normally a Netscape certificate sequence will be input and the output is the certificates contained in it. With the -toseq option the situation is reversed: a Netscape certificate sequence is created from a file of certificates. EXAMPLES
Output the certificates in a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in nseq.pem -out certs.pem Create a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in certs.pem -toseq -out nseq.pem NOTES
The PEM encoded form uses the same headers and footers as a certificate: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----END CERTIFICATE----- A Netscape certificate sequence is a Netscape specific format that can be sent to browsers as an alternative to the standard PKCS#7 format when several certificates are sent to the browser: for example during certificate enrollment. It is used by Netscape certificate server for example. BUGS
This program needs a few more options: like allowing DER or PEM input and output files and allowing multiple certificate files to be used. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2017 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 NSEQ(1SSL)