Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Given commands were created as 0 byte files Post 302508933 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 12:20:59 PM
Old 03-29-2011
what gives
Code:
alias

??

what gives
Code:
\ps -ef|grep sleep
\ls -lt | pg

??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shell script to find zero byte files

I have a directory MYDIR In which i have several directories 1,2,3,4.... Now, In each of these directories i have several files a.dat, b.dat, c.dat, d.dat..... MYDIR ----1 ---------a.dat ---------b.dat ---------c.dat ---------d.dat ----2 ---------a.dat ---------b.dat ---------c.dat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with 0 byte and large files

how to remove all zero byte files in a particular directory and also files that are morew than 1GB. pLEASE let me know (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

row count of all files with more than 0 byte

Hi, Is there any way to get count number of lines in all files which have more than o bytes in current directory for example : in /user/sri/ there are 3 files abc 0 bytes def 5 bytes ghi 10 bytes i need to get wc -l for all files which have > 0 bytes at a time ..is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri2005
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding 0 byte files in current directory only

Hi Gurus, I have a directory A, which has some 0 byte files in it. This directory also has a subdirectory B which also has some 0 byte files in it. The problem: I only need to find out the names of the 0 byte files in the directory A. I'm using the following command find . -name *.zip... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if 2 files are identical byte-to-byte?

In my server migration requirement, I need to compare if one file on old server is exactly the same as the corresponding file on the new server. For diff and comm, the inputs need to be sorted. But I do not want to disturb the content of the file and need to find byte-to-byte match. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a byte(Last byte from the last line)

Hi All Can anyone please suggest me how to remove the last byte from a falt file .This is from the last line's last BYTE. Please suggest me something. Thank's and regards Vinay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit status as zero byte files

Hi, In a list of commands executed in a script, how do you make sure that the previous command worked fine? I have a list of awk commands and I want to make sure that the script aborts if any command leaves a zero byte file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genehunter
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need a shell script to find 0 byte files in 5 servers

Hi..... Thanks for this wonderful forum.... My request: I have toatally 5 unix servers in which many applications are working I need to set a trap to identify 0 byte files if any are created proactively. For example: find /apps/fresco/ -mtime 1 -size 0c –print >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandruBala73
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move zero byte files

Hi, I have a requirement to move zero byte files to an archive folder. I have the below script and it works fine if I run it from where the file is present. But when I run the script from different folder, I am getting error that file is not present. Please help. #!/bin/ksh ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files having 0 byte or only header

Hi Team, I'm looking for a command which removes files having 0 byte of having only header line (1 line). My ETL process generates these files. Few files are not having header, in that case if no data from source, it will be 0 byte and few files are having header, in that case if no data from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
7 Replies
sccs(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   sccs(1)

NAME
sccs - front-end utility program for SCCS commands SYNOPSIS
rootpath] dirpath] command [options] [file]... DESCRIPTION
The command is a straightforward front end to the various programs comprising the Source Code Control System. It includes the capability of running set-user-id to another user to allow shared access to the SCCS files. reduces the need to explicitly reference the SCCS file- names. The SCCS filenames are generated by prepending the string to the working files specified. The default SCCS subdirectory name can be overridden with the dirpath option. The command supplied to the command can either be an SCCS program or a pseudo command. The SCCS programs that handles include and The pseudo commands are: Prints a list of all files being edited. Returns a non-zero exit status if a file is being edited. The intent is to allow an 'install' entry in a makefile to verify that everything is included in the SCCS file before a version is installed. See the pseudo command for a description of the and options. Removes all files from the current directory or the named directory that can be recreated from the SCCS files. Does not remove files that are in the process of being edited. If is given, branches (i.e. SID's with three or more components) are ignored in determining which files are being edited. Therefore, any edits on branches can be lost. Creates the initial SCCS file, taking the contents from file. Any options to are accepted. If the files are created successfully, the original files are renamed with a (comma) on the front. Read-only copies are retrieved with The renamed files should be removed after you have verified that the SCCS files have been created successfully. Runs on the named files and then the new versions. The new versions of the files have expanded identification keywords, and cannot be edited. The options are passed to and the options are passed to Equivalent to except that the phase includes the option. Gives a listing between the current version of the files being edited and the versions in SCCS format. The options are passed to The options are passed to The option is passed to as Equivalent to Equivalent to except is omitted. This pseudo command is useful when you want to run the command immediately after creating the SCCS file. Removes a named delta, but leaves a copy of the delta in the current directory. The option is required and must point to a leaf in the source tree. Since a record of the changes is not preserved, should be used carefully. Lists all the files being edited. The option ignores branches in determining which files are being edited. The option lists only the files being edited by user. The option is equivalent to Prints information about named files. Equivalent to followed by Lists all the files being edited, with a newline after each entry. See the section for a description of the and options. Equivalent to Any changes made since the last are lost. Use with caution. Certain commands, and cannot use the set-user-id feature, as this would allow anyone to change the authorizations. These commands are always run as the real user. Options The options supplied to the SCCS commands are documented in the corresponding SCCS man pages. The options supplied to the pseudo commands are documented in the above section. All other options preceding command are documented as follows: Runs as the real user rather than the effective user is set-user-id to. Gives the pathname to be used as the root directory for the SCCS files. rootpath defaults to the current directory. This flag takes precedence over the environment vari- able. Specifies the pathname for the SCCS files. The default is the SCCS directory. dirpath is appended to rootpath and is inserted before the final component of the pathname. The command converts to This can be used to create aliases. For example, the command makes an alias that can be used in commands like EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables If the environment variable is set, its value is used to determine the option value for rootpath. If begins with a (slash), the value is used directly; otherwise, the value is assume to be a login name and the home directory corresponding to login name is examined for a sub- directory named or If found, this directory path is used. Otherwise, the value is used as a relative path name. determines the interpretation of text within file as single- and/or multi-byte characters. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If or is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty variable. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single-byte and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
To create a new SCCS file: To get a file for editing, edit it, create a new delta and get file for editing: To get a file from another directory To make a delta of a large number of files in the current directory, enter: To get a list of files being edited that are not on branches, enter: To get a list of files being edited by you, enter: In a makefile, to get source files from an SCCS file if it does not already exist, enter: RETURN VALUE
A successful completion returns 0. On error, exists with a value from or the exit value from the command that was invoked. The only exception is the pseudo command which returns a non-zero exit status if a file is being edited. SEE ALSO
admin(1), cdc(1), comb(1), delta(1), get(1), prs(1), rmdel(1), sact(1), sccsdiff(1), sccshelp(1), unget(1), val(1), vc(1), what(1), sccs- file(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
sccs(1)