Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating the task in two environments Post 302508858 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 09:46:52 AM
Old 03-29-2011
Give more clue first, then people will see if they can do something for you
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Environments

I have a user trying to execute a command,in crontab, which requires certain envrionmental variables to be set. He is using tcsh on a Solaris 7 system. I have created a hack by doing the following in the crontab entry... 0 0-23 * * * rsh localhost -l user /path/command This doesn't seem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting environments

Hello, How can I setup environments in a bash and tcsh? I need to setup some paths and classpath. thanks xNYx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xNYx
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix environments to fiddle around with

I'm a newbie and I was wondering if there were any public unix environments on the internet I could telnet to and fiddle around with?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

4. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Unix environments for MS Windows

We often get questions about how to provide a Unix environment under Windows. Mircosoft has several OS's that collectively are called Windows. Most users are running a recent Microsoft OS with an NT kernel, usually Windows XP. The solutions in this thread may not work on very old Microsoft... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Description of Environments Supported By....

Im a learner on the unix/linux OS,i wanted a description of the main environments supported by the unix/linux environment. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zizu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for automating a task. How to proceed ?.

Dear friends, I am trying to prepare a shell script which do the following task. Being a beginner in scripting I need a bit of help from you all for shell script which does the following job. 1.Check for existence of a file in a shared directory (at some remote location ) once in a day ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on Rehosting the Environments.

Hello All, We were planning to re host or change the environments (DEV,UAT & Prod) from one server to a different or new servers on a different host. So we have Informatica, Oracle software installed on our existing servers, since we upgraded the Informatica a couple of times there were many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
0 Replies

10. AIX

Script to validate between two environments

Hi, I trust that you are well - I'm a bit new into AIX and I've been assigned a task to write a script that will always validate between our two Prod (Prod A and Prod B) environments to confirm which prod we live at. The two environments are exact replicas and this check I need to put in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twaggzk
5 Replies
GROUPMOD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       GROUPMOD(8)

NAME
groupmod -- modify an existing group on the system SYNOPSIS
groupmod [-ov] [-g gid] [-n newname] group DESCRIPTION
The groupmod utility modifies an existing group on the system. See group(8) for more information about EXTENSIONS. The options are as fol- lows: -g gid Give the numeric group identifier to be used for the new group. -n new-group-name Give the new name which the group shall have. -o Allow the new group to have a gid which is already in use for another group. -v Enable verbose mode - explain the commands as they are executed. This option is included if built with EXTENSIONS. EXIT STATUS
The groupmod utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
group(5), group(8), user(8) HISTORY
The groupmod utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. It is based on the addnerd package by the same author. AUTHORS
The groupmod utility was written by Alistair G. Crooks <agc@NetBSD.org>. BSD
November 7, 2005 BSD