Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX MPIO - list of supported arrays Post 302508832 by sboots on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 08:11:28 AM
Old 03-29-2011
They all should have their own multipathing software. For instance EMC uses Powerpath. Just contact your storage vendor and see what they have. Obviously it is not free like the native multipathing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How can I get the supported video card list by solaris 10?

How can I get the supported video card list by solaris 10 (sparc)? Could you tell me that which video card was supported by solaris 10? I need all kinds of video card supported by solaris 10? I find a lot of documents,but I didn't get what I want... ... Could you help me? Thank you very much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jg159993
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Is mailing list supported.

Sir. I am intrested in joining of this forum. I want to know that is "Mailing List" is supported to send a query or not. Please reply. Rgds Sanju kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanju Kumar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX MPIO and EMC

We are looking at running MPIO for it's redundancy and load balancing benefits. Does anyone know what pieces of software or modules are needed on the VIO server to get load balancing to work. Remember we are using EMC's DMX3500 storage system. We no longer want to use Powerpath. :rolleyes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vxg0wa3
2 Replies

4. Solaris

List of SNMP Traps supported by Solaris 10

Hi, I want the list of SNMP traps supported by Solaris 10. DO anyone has the list prepared. Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of arrays in ksh?

Hi all, In a loop, i am creating an array of integer and adding it to another array that hold arrays // psuedo code pttrnArray=$type$data // This is array of integers. pttrnArrays=${pttrnArray} // This is supposed to be array of arrays. But when i print pttrnArrays, i get only the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix ?

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix. how to know the list of functions supported by unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

7. AIX

MPIO Driver

On a particular LPAR, I was running AIX 5.3 TL 3. On Monday I did an update of the LPAR to 5.3 TL 9 SP2. The install was smooth, but then I ran into a problem. The MPIO driver does not work with LSI's StoreAge (SVM4). I did some looking, and looks like 5.3 TL3 = IBM.MPIO 5.3.0.30 5.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clking
0 Replies

8. AIX

MPIO reliability

Hi, we have a vew boxes using MPIO and they are connected to some virtualization software managing some disk subsystems, offering volumes to the AIX boxes. Sometimes when a cable has been plugged out for a test or when a real problem occurs, using lspath to show the state of the paths shows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
8 Replies

9. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

10. AIX

DISK and MPIO

Hello, I have some concerns over the disk management of my AIX system. For example server1 / > lspv hdisk0 00fa6d1288c820aa rootvg active hdisk1 00fa6d1288c8213c vg_2 active hdisk2 00c1cc14d6de272b ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
6 Replies
ypinit(1M)																ypinit(1M)

NAME
ypinit - build and install Network Information Service databases SYNOPSIS
NIS_domain] NIS_server_name NIS_domain] Remarks The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Yellow Pages (YP). Although the name has changed, the functionality of the service remains the same. DESCRIPTION
is a shell script that creates Network Information Service (NIS) databases on either a master or slave NIS server. asks a few self- explanatory questions, and reports success or failure to the terminal. For an overview of Network Information Service, see ypfiles(4) and ypserv(1M). Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Create the local host as the master server to all maps (databases) provided in the NIS domain (see domainname(1)). All maps are built from scratch, either from information pro- vided to at run-time, or from ASCII files in All such files should be complete and unabbreviated, unlike how they may exist on a NIS client machine (see passwd(4) for examples of abbreviated files). See ypmake(1M) for more information on how NIS databases are built on the master server. Note that uses the option when invoking so newly formed maps are not immediately copied to slave servers (see ypmake(1M)). Create NIS databases on a slave server by copying the databases from an existing NIS server that serves the NIS domain. The NIS_server_name argument should be the host name of either the master server for all the maps or a server on which the maps are current and stable. Configures the local host as a NIS client, so that the NIS client will attempt to bind to a particular NIS server. Invocation of with a option prompts the user to construct a list of NIS servers, in the order of preference, to which the client will try to bind. Each of these NIS servers must be listed in the file along with its IP Address. This list of NIS servers is stored in the file This file is used by when invoked without the option. (See ypbind(1M) in ypserv(1M)). If it is so desired that it is not necessary for a NIS client to bind to a NIS server in a particular list, the installation mechanism could be ignored. Causes to construct maps for the specified NIS_domain. defaults to the NIS domain shown by the command (see domain- name(1). RETURN VALUE
returns exit code 0 if no errors occur; otherwise, it returns exit code 1. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
SEE ALSO
domainname(1), makedbm(1M), ypmake(1M), yppush(1M), ypserv(1M), ypxfr(1M), ypxfrd(1M), group(4), hosts(4), netgroup(4), networks(4), passwd(4), protocols(4), publickey(4), rpc(4), services(4), ypfiles(4). ypinit(1M)