Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Attacking Potential of sh-scripts Post 302508797 by pludi on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 05:23:59 AM
Old 03-29-2011
Since I guess most shell languages based on the original Bourne Shell are Turing complete you can code up anything, given enough time. The simplest case that I can think of is a shell script that connects to an IRC server and acts as a spam bot, or a FTP-over-IRC server.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Potential new user of Unix

Hi all, Complete and utter virgin Unix person here (I don't even have the OS yet) As I'm doing a "looking into it" kinda thing before I move from MS I hope my questions are not inappropriate. 1. Should I get some kind off anti virus software. I know Unix is pretty good for not getting them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhula
2 Replies

2. AIX

how to handle potential file contention

I need to change how a posting procedure currently works in order to improve load balancing but I am hitting a potential file contention problem that I was wondering if someone here could assist me with... In a directory called FilePool I would have a bunch of files that are constantly coming in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Potential file system contention on directory

We have an 8-processor Itanium system running HP-UX 11.23 connected to shared SAN discs. We have an application that creates files (about 10) in a specific directory. When the application terminates, these files are removed (unlink) and a few others are updated. The directory contains... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FDesrochers
8 Replies