Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK - Parse a big file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK - Parse a big file Post 302508725 by greycells on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 12:24:50 AM
Old 03-29-2011
Thanks cgkamal ..... but it does not work in the 2nd scenario i mentioned ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter parts of a big file using awk or sed script

I need an assistance in file generation using awk, sed or anything... I have a big file that i need to filter desired parts only. The objective is to select (and print) the report # having the string "apple" on 2 consecutive lines in every report. Please note that the "apple" line has a HEX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big data file - sed/grep/awk?

Morning guys. Another day another question. :rolleyes: I am knocking up a script to pull some data from a file. The problem is the file is very big (up to 1 gig in size), so this solution: for results in `grep "^\ ... works, but takes ages (we're talking minutes) to run. The data is held... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

big xml file with nested loop parse

I have an xml file with the structure: <tag1> <value1>xyx</value1> <value2>123</value2> </tag1> <tag1> <value1>568</value1> <value2>zzzzz</value2> </tag1> where I want to parse each data pair in the this single file, so something like: find first tag1 data pair... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk column comparison big file

Hi all, I would like to compare a column in one file to a column in another file and when there is a match it prints the first column and the corresponding second column. Example File1 ABA ABC ABE ABF File 2 ABA 123 ABB 124 ABD 125 ABC 126 So what I would like printed to a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcg
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file with awk?

Hi guys (and gals). I need some help. I'm running an IVR purely on Asterisk where I capture the DTMFs. After pulsing each DTMF I have Asterisk write to a file with whatever was dialed (mostly used for record-keeping) and at the end of the survey I write all variables in a single line to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulf210
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to Parse File

Hi all, I have a file that contains a good hundred of these job definitions below: Job Name Last Start Last End ST Run Pri/Xit ________________________________________________________________ ____________________... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticuss
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a big file into multiple files using awk

this thread is a continuation from previous thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/223901-split-big-file-into-multiple-files-based-first-four-characters.html ..I am using awk to split file and I have a syntax error while executing the below code I am using AIX 7.2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
4 Replies
spline(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         spline(1)

NAME
spline - interpolate smooth curve SYNOPSIS
spline [-aknpx] ... DESCRIPTION
spline takes pairs of numbers from the standard input as abcissas and ordinates of a function. It produces a similar set, which is approxi- mately equally spaced and includes the input set, on the standard output. The cubic spline output (R. W. Hamming, Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers,2nd ed., 349ff) has two continuous derivatives, and sufficiently many points to look smooth when plotted, for example by graph(1). OPTIONS
-a Supply abscissas automatically (they are missing from the input); spacing is given by the next argument, or is assumed to be 1 if next argument is not a number. -k The constant k used in the boundary value computation (2nd deriv. at end) = k*(2nd deriv. next to end) is set by the next argument. By default k = 0. -n Space output points so that approximately n intervals occur between the lower and upper x limits. (Default n = 100.) -p Make output periodic, that is, match derivatives at ends. First and last input values should normally agree. -x Next 1 (or 2) arguments are lower (and upper) x limits. Normally these limits are calculated from the data. Automatic abcissas start at lower limit (default 0). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
graph(1), attributes(5) R. W. Hamming, Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers, 2nd ed. DIAGNOSTICS
When data is not strictly monotonic in x, spline reproduces the input without interpolating extra points. BUGS
A limit of 1000 input points is enforced silently. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 spline(1)