Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kickstart server
Operating Systems Linux Kickstart server Post 302508396 by pludi on Monday 28th of March 2011 03:51:30 AM
Old 03-28-2011
Read up here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Redhat Kickstart

Would anyone know how to set a NIC to 100 Full Duplex from within a kickstart bootdisk? I just added the Tigon3 module to the bootnet.img - it loads fine but auto-negotiates to 100 Half Duplex for some reason - are there any parameters I can pass on the boot disk to force it 100 Full appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kickstart File

Hi, I was able to set up a kickstart to install Red Hat Enterprise thought a network. I'm trying to enable a NTP time server in the post section of the kickstart file and also enable/disable a few services using chkconfig. I can't seam to get it to work, can anyone help ? I don't beleive i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
2 Replies

3. Linux

RHEL5 Kickstart Problem... HELP!

Folks, Im hoping you guys can help me. Here is a description of what I have going on. Fresh VM, trying to run a Kickstart Install on it for RHEL5. I am looking to access the kickstart file through nfs. I boot from a local ISO image and everything goes fine, I get to the boot prompt and enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkono
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart

Hi, I am trying to install RHEL5.3 using kickstart method. Copied the rhel.iso file from DVD to http location. ks.cfg and rhel.iso files are available on a WINDOWS2008 Server (via HTTP). In ks.cfg file, provided the media path as url --url=http://xx.xx.xx.xx/RHEL53. System understanding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

PXE Kickstart not happening

We have a lab where installation is done through PXE . The installation always run fine usually but suddenly we are getting the below mentioned error any idea whats happening ? ==quote== | Erros parsing Kickstart Config | The following error was found while parsing your kickstart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thevishy
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

RH Kickstart Questions..

Hello, I am pretty new to using Linux and learning as I go, my setup is extremly simple, I have 1 virtual machine running on my laptop running (ubuntu 10.04), I've created a kickstart (Red Hat) file with the ksconfig. So I know have a config file for my Redhat.iso and my VM machine. What's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I configure kickstart server to install different images

How do I configure kickstart server to install workstation using centos image and other workstation using redhat enterprise image. I configured my kickstart server to auto install centos 5.3 and it working fine. However I would like to configure kickstart server, so that workstation with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Unix OS with the Kickstart?

I am new to the Kickstart. I have a question: If I have a kickstart script in USB, CentOS CD and a PC without the OS, Can I install the CentOS with the Kickstart script? If I can, How can I identify the location of the kickstart when I boot the computer with the CentOS CD? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

%include in kickstart

RHEL 5.4 I'm trying to use %include statements in my kickstarts, and am running into some problems. In %pre, I can %include /mnt/source/isolinux/setup-questions and that works just fine. One of the things it does is echo out several variables to /tmp/vars In %post --nochroot, I copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Networking in kickstart

I'm using a script in %pre that prompts for IP, hostname, etc. The answers are dumped out as variables and used to set up the config files in %post All works well. Now, it's being used to install the OS on an HP Proliant that's in a remote datacenter via iLO, and it takes about an hour to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)