Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQLPlus Select with Grep
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SQLPlus Select with Grep Post 302508325 by RDR on Sunday 27th of March 2011 09:48:21 PM
Old 03-27-2011
Thank You So much ...It works fine ....

Sometimes you miss on small things ...
I was trying to do grep 'select .\* from' ....

Can you help me with this also .... I was actually trying to find few strings (which are in a table) in a bunch of scripts .... I m trying to do this ... can you tell me if I am doing this right ???
Code:
sqlplus un/pwd@db
spool dquery1.log
typeset n
select distinct column_name into n from table_name;
select count(1) into m from table_name;
for i in {1..m}
do
  grep -i 'select \* from /^n/' * 
done
exit
ENDOFSQL
spool off

Last edited by Scott; 03-28-2011 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting oracle sqlplus select query into file

So, I would like to run differen select queries on multiple databases.. I made a script wich I thought to be called something like.. ./script.sh sql_file_name out.log or to enter select statement in a command line.. (aix) and I did created some shell script wich is not working.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
6 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

linux sqlplus select results writes into file twice

Hello, This is my first post and its because I could not find solution for myself I decided to ask help here. What I want to do; I want to get some data from a table 1 on server 1 and insert those datas into a table 2 on server 2. ( lets say schema names are server1 and server 2 also ).... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: azuahaha
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select the exact matching contents using grep

Hi everyone I've two files.. The contents of file1 are as shown below 4 5 12 13 36 37 45 46 47 The contents of file2 are as shown below 21 hello 13 world (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abk07
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep to select data from file

Hello all, Once again I need to call upon the masters for help. I have a file called endpoint_data. IN that file I have groups of endpoints. However all I need from the file is this.... ENDPOINT NAME = SIPWOODSBC SIG PRI FQDN/IP ADDRESS/DOMAIN NAME = 10.xxx.xxx.xxx SIG SEC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay11789
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select only line numbers using grep

Hai, I want to select only line numbers into a file if some pattern matches. I have written my script like below but its not working. #!/bin/sh file='/home/testfile1' filesearch='/home/test00' while read line do search=`echo $line |cut -c 1-24` echo $search echo `grep -n ""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbu123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS command with more than 1 select statement

Hi all, I'm using below code processId=`sqlplus -s ${sysuser}/${syspwd} <<CHK_PROCESS whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set head off feedback off echo off pages 0 SELECT PROCESS_ID FROM LSHADMIN.DATA_DOMAIN WHERE DOMAIN_NAME = '${tabname}' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
8 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)