Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SLD: Failed to start the PMD Connection thread. (PM_THREAD_FAILED_TO_START). Post 302508090 by DGPickett on Friday 25th of March 2011 05:04:34 PM
Old 03-25-2011
Can you launch it in truss/tusc/strace so you can see what it is up to as it tries to start?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How do I start a thread ?

I am actually trying to find out the following: Using MS Windows, XP PRO, I downloaded an Adaptec SCSi 39160 driver from SCO Unix site. Driver is ad160.btld. I now need to copy this driver to a SCO Unix 5.5 standalone server, via a floppy diskette. I've tried SCO505 Diskimage and it didn't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mos8001
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ssh connection failed.

When i was connecting the Solaris system by sftp . i got the following error. "Warning: child process (/usr/local/bin/ssh2) exited with code 74." Could any one help, how to fix it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

VSFTPD Service Failed to Start

Today I have installed VSFTPD but service is failing to start. We have been using standard FTP successful but need to introduce an FTPS option. I have run YUM install VSFTPD and everything appeared to load ok. (If I run rpm - qa | grep vsftpd I get vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5_4.1 which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulComins
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet connection failed on solaris 10

Hi, i am new bie on solaris ,i just installed it on vmware. i tryed to connect to the internet from solaris but it failed. during the installation i ignore the DHCP and i assign a fixed ip address to the host. is that has an impact on internet access ? and if so how to add another interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirsol
3 Replies

5. Programming

Fork thread, Assertion failed. X11.

Hi all. I wrote a program with the Motif Widget Toolkit. It has a button and a scrollbar. When the user hits the button the callback creates a new fork() thread. The new thread sleeps for a while and then changes the position of the scrollbar. It does this in an endless loop. I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

6. Programming

Failed SSL Connection Attempt

The below error message I started seeing using Ubuntu 14.04 and was wondering if the forum has seen it because I cant seem much on the net for this: perl -e 'use IO::Socket::SSL qw(debug3);IO::Socket::SSL->new(PeerAddr=>"10.0.0.100",PeerPort=> 443,Proto=>"TCP") or die $!' DEBUG:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies
PMINDOMSTR(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PMINDOMSTR(3)

NAME
pmInDomStr, pmInDomStr_r - convert a performance metric instance domain identifier into a string C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> const char *pmInDomStr(pmInDom indom); char *pmInDomStr_r(pmInDom indom, char *buf, int buflen); cc ... -lpcp DESCRIPTION
For use in error and diagnostic messages, pmInDomStr return a 'human readable' version of the specified instance domain identifier. The pmInDomStr_r function does the same, but stores the result in a user-supplied buffer buf of length buflen, which should have room for at least 20 bytes. The value for the instance domain indom is typically extracted from a pmDesc structure, following a call to pmLookupDesc(3) for a particu- lar performance metric. Internally, an instance domain identifier is encoded as follows; typedef struct { int pad:2; unsigned int domain:8; /* the administrative PMD */ unsigned int serial:22; /* unique within PMD */ } __pmInDom_int; pmInDomStr returns a string with each of the domain and serial subfields appearing as decimal numbers, separated by periods. The string value returned by pmInDomStr is held in a single static buffer, so the returned value is only valid until the next call to pmIn- DomStr. NOTES
pmInDomStr returns a pointer to a static buffer and hence is not thread-safe. Multi-threaded applications should use pmInDomStr_r instead. PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). Values for these variables may be obtained programmatically using the pmGetConfig(3) function. SEE ALSO
PMAPI(3), pmGetConfig(3), pmIDStr(3), pmLookupDesc(3), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMINDOMSTR(3)