Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Own a Kindle?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Own a Kindle? Post 302507762 by tetsujin on Thursday 24th of March 2011 05:34:29 PM
Old 03-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
I can plug my kindle into a Window computer and it mounts the kindle like it is a USD thumb drive. Then I copied my pdf file to the kindle, "ejected" it and my pdf's were there. Ironically, I not know how to email a pdf to my kindle. I'm a bit taken aback to learn that such a thing is possible. I hope my kindle does not start getting spam pdf's. Smilie
I don't know if this is a new Kindle/old Kindle thing but my understanding was that email was the only way... Don't know, really.

As for email - you have to whitelist sender addresses, so at the very least someone hoping to spam you would need to get the sender address right. This was actually a challenge for us the first time around, we didn't know you had to whitelist the sender address, so our attempts to send docs over just failed.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle

Linux seems to have weird USB power saving features, my Kindle 3 only gets some charge before Linux powers down the USB port. When the device is mounted, it doesn't get enough power, with this same hardware under Windows I don't get the message on the Kindle "currently your kindle is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
2 Replies
apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor(1)										  apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor(1)

NAME
apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor - This application is part of ( apertium ) This tool is part of the apertium machine translation architecture: http://apertium.org. SYNOPSIS
apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor n input_file output_file DESCRIPTION
apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor is the application responsible for generating the list of stopwords used by the lexical selection module (apertium-lextor). Stopwords are ignored as they cannot have multiple translations. OPTIONS
n the desired number of stopwords. FILES
These are the kinds of parameters and files used with this tool: input_file contains a large preprocessed corpus (see apertium-preprocess-corpus-lextor). output_file The file which gets the generated stopwords. SEE ALSO
apertium-gen-lextorbil(1), apertium-gen-lextormono(1), apertium-preprocess-corpus-lextor(1), apertium-gen-wlist-lextor(1), aper- tium-gen-wlist-lextor-translation(1), apertium-lextor-eval(1), apertium-lextor(1). BUGS
Lots of...lurking in the dark and waiting for you! AUTHOR
(c) 2005,2006 Universitat d'Alacant / Universidad de Alicante. All rights reserved. 2006-12-12 apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor(1)