Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Checking the space for /archlog mount point script Post 302507698 by DGPickett on Thursday 24th of March 2011 01:13:44 PM
Old 03-24-2011
Sometimes formatting of thngs like ls, df changes without a tty. You might try something like this to achieve the same end:
Code:
$ df -k .
/home                                       : 19971944 total allocated Kb
                                                   1043584 free allocated Kb
                                                  18928360 used allocated Kb
                                                        94 % allocation used
$

df -k /archlog | grep -c ' [ 1-8][0-9] % allocation used' | read BELOW_90

Send the whole df in the email.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Increase in space in mount point.

I am working in AIX 4.3.3 , here when we are doing one activity we ran out of space in one mount point, we need to increase the space in that mout point by reducing it in another mount point, can anybody help me out in carrying this activity. Vipin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin77
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Command used for checking space occupied by files & sub-direc's inside a mount in %?

Hi, I want to know the command which can be used for finding the % of disk space occupied by files & sub-folders inside a given mount in Sun Solaris For eg: I have /tmp/ folder when I sat df -k it will give the percentage of space used by /tmp/. Say if I want to see how much % the files &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weblogicsupport
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in checking space of mount.Please help me

Hi everyone, I am writing a script. As a part of this script, I wanted to check the space of few mounts, If the space usage percentage of the mount crosses over a certain limit then i wanted to display a warning message. The following is the command df -k | awk ' { if (($6 == "/export/temp")... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Increasing disk space of a mount point.

Hi I have a mount point that is in production environment, and is currently filled up. more space has been presented from same original source (EVA). Problem; 1. Can't see presented space 2. After I discover the presented space, how do I go about adding this new space to existing mount point.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Targ
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Server Mount Point space check

Does anybody have anything I can use to help me out with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbone007
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to know used disk space at a mount point?

how to check how much space is occupied when u softmount or hard mount a file? ---------- Post updated at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:24 AM ---------- can anyone send me the answer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
2 Replies

7. Solaris

archive logs mount point space check script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount Point Increase script

Hello all. My aim is to monitor the size of my mount points. The algo that I want to follow is like this: 1) Use df -h to print all mount points. 2)Extract only Capacity and Mounted On columns and save them in Array1. 3)After 10 minutes , do the above same and save in Array 2 the 2 very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
NUMACTL(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						NUMACTL(8)

NAME
numastat - Print statistics about NUMA memory allocation SYNOPSIS
numastat DESCRIPTION
numastat displays NUMA allocations statistics from the kernel memory allocator. Each process has NUMA policies that specifies on which node pages are allocated. See set_mempolicy(2) or numactl(8) on details of the available policies. The numastat counters keep track on what nodes memory is finally allocated. The counters are separated for each node. Each count event is the allocation of a page of memory. numa_hit is the number of allocations where an allocation was intended for that node and succeeded there. numa_miss shows how often an allocation was intended for this node, but ended up on another node due to low memory. numa_foreign is the number of allocations that were intended for another node, but ended up on this node. Each numa_foreign event has a numa_miss on another node. interleave_hit is the number of interleave policy allocations that were intended for a specific node and succeeded there. local_node is incremented when a process running on the node allocated memory on the same node. other_node is incremented when a process running on another node allocated memory on that node. SEE ALSO
numactl(8) set_mempolicy(2) numa(3) NOTES
numastat output is only available on NUMA systems. numastat assumes the output terminal has a width of 80 characters and tries to format the output accordingly. EXAMPLES
watch -n1 numastat watch -n1 --differences=accumulative numastat FILES
/sys/devices/system/node/node*/numastat BUGS
The output formatting on machines with a large number of nodes could be improved. SuSE Labs Nov 2004 NUMACTL(8)