Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple awk commands with some formatting Post 302507403 by bartus11 on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 06:07:29 PM
Old 03-23-2011
Try running that second piece of code in bash or ksh shell (you are using csh, aren't you? Smilie)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do we use multiple commands with AWK

Hi, I have a scenario where in, I have a file named abc.txt. I extract the file names from it using. awk '/dbf$/{print $NF}' abc.txt /u01/oradata/omc/systab/omcdef.dbf /u01/oradata/omc/oratemp/temptab1.dbf Now I need to further enhance this command and also extract the mount point... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geetap
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Hi SSHers, I have embedded this below code in my shell script.. /usr/bin/ssh -t $USER@$SERVER1 /usr/bin/ssh $USER2@S$SERVER2 echo uptime:`/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -r 0 -t 60 $nodeName system.3.0 | cut -d: -f3-5` SSH to both these servers are public-key authenticated, so things run... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting Multiple fields on 1 line to multiple rows

I'm trying extract a number of filename fields from a log file and copy them out as separate rows in a text file so i can load them into a table. I'm able to get the filenames but the all appear on one line. I tried using the cut command with the -d (delimiter) option but cant seem to make it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sinbad-66
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain perl formatting commands

Could you please tell the meaning of Below mentioned perl script lines: format OWNER_TOTAL = @< Owner Code @<<<<<<total: @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @###### #.## $prev_cust_type, $prev_owner_code,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables into SED or AWK and multiple commands

Hello I am hoping you may help. I am not sure how to go about this exactly, I know the tools but not sure how to make them work together. I have two SED commands that I would like to run in a shell script. I would like to take the manual input of a user (types in when prompted) to be used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get multiple values from an xml file using one of the following commands or together awk/perl/script

Hello, I have a requirement to extract the value from multiple xml node and print out the values to new file to compare. Would be done using either awk/perl or some unix script. For example sample input file: ..... ..... <factories xmi:type="resources.jdbc:DataSource"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slbmind
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple awk commands

Hi Team, I am getting input like below $ ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v asm | grep -v grep oracle 3246 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_racora1 oracle 4367 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_test1 oracle 6893 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_gipora1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass Multiple Commands and Open Multiple Xterms via PSS

Hello, I'm attempting to open multiple xterms and run a command as an SAP user via sudo using PSSH. So far, I'm able to run PSSH to a file of servers with no check for keys, open every xterm in to the servers in the file list, and SUDO to the SAP(ADM) user, but it won't do anything else... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues formatting output of two commands in a single line.

I wish to generate output of two commands in the same line separated by a single white-space. Below is my command and output in the same line. ls -ltr fname1.out | awk '{$2=$4=$5=x; print}' | tr '\n' '\t' | tr -s ' '; cksum<fname1.out | cut -d' ' -f1 Output: -rw-r--r--. root Aug 26 16:57... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)