Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SLD: Failed to start the PMD Connection thread. (PM_THREAD_FAILED_TO_START). Post 302507392 by brhunt on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 05:29:52 PM
Old 03-23-2011
SLD: Failed to start the PMD Connection thread. (PM_THREAD_FAILED_TO_START).

Hello,

I have a client with an 18 year old SCO Openserver 5.0.5 server.

They can't find their installation media.

They are experiencing an error at login:
*LOGIN: ERROR- Failed to initialize policy manager. (IFOR_PM_FATAL)
The status from the policy manager daemon (PMD - /etc/ifor_pmd) indicates
that a serious error condition has occurred. Login is allowed, but the
system administrator is strongly advised to consult the SCO online Support
Solutions Library (SSL) for assistance; if the SSL is inaccessible,
please contact your SCO Support representative.

Some research on this error indicates an issue with the PMD daemon.

Running a 'ps -ef' shows that the daemon is not running. I tried to start it via a '/etc/ifor_pmd' command and the following message is given:
SLD: Failed to start the PMD Connection thread. (PM_THREAD_FAILED_TO_START).

I'm not sure where to go on this to further debug and/or resolve.

Can anyone in this forum give me some direction.

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How do I start a thread ?

I am actually trying to find out the following: Using MS Windows, XP PRO, I downloaded an Adaptec SCSi 39160 driver from SCO Unix site. Driver is ad160.btld. I now need to copy this driver to a SCO Unix 5.5 standalone server, via a floppy diskette. I've tried SCO505 Diskimage and it didn't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mos8001
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ssh connection failed.

When i was connecting the Solaris system by sftp . i got the following error. "Warning: child process (/usr/local/bin/ssh2) exited with code 74." Could any one help, how to fix it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

VSFTPD Service Failed to Start

Today I have installed VSFTPD but service is failing to start. We have been using standard FTP successful but need to introduce an FTPS option. I have run YUM install VSFTPD and everything appeared to load ok. (If I run rpm - qa | grep vsftpd I get vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5_4.1 which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulComins
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet connection failed on solaris 10

Hi, i am new bie on solaris ,i just installed it on vmware. i tryed to connect to the internet from solaris but it failed. during the installation i ignore the DHCP and i assign a fixed ip address to the host. is that has an impact on internet access ? and if so how to add another interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirsol
3 Replies

5. Programming

Fork thread, Assertion failed. X11.

Hi all. I wrote a program with the Motif Widget Toolkit. It has a button and a scrollbar. When the user hits the button the callback creates a new fork() thread. The new thread sleeps for a while and then changes the position of the scrollbar. It does this in an endless loop. I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

6. Programming

Failed SSL Connection Attempt

The below error message I started seeing using Ubuntu 14.04 and was wondering if the forum has seen it because I cant seem much on the net for this: perl -e 'use IO::Socket::SSL qw(debug3);IO::Socket::SSL->new(PeerAddr=>"10.0.0.100",PeerPort=> 443,Proto=>"TCP") or die $!' DEBUG:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies
AC(8)							      System Manager's Manual							     AC(8)

NAME
ac - login accounting SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ac [ -w wtmp ] [ -p ] [ -d ] [ people ] ... DESCRIPTION
Ac produces a printout giving connect time for each user who has logged in during the life of the current wtmp file. A total is also pro- duced. -w is used to specify an alternate wtmp file. -p prints individual totals; without this option, only totals are printed. -d causes a printout for each midnight to midnight period. Any people will limit the printout to only the specified login names. If no wtmp file is given, /usr/adm/wtmp is used. The accounting file /usr/adm/wtmp is maintained by init and login. Neither of these programs creates the file, so if it does not exist no connect-time accounting is done. To start accounting, it should be created with length 0. On the other hand if the file is left undis- turbed it will grow without bound, so periodically any information desired should be collected and the file truncated. FILES
/usr/adm/wtmp SEE ALSO
init(8), sa(8), login(1), utmp(5). 4th Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 AC(8)