Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace/Remove not specific text in perl Post 302507311 by mrwatkin on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 12:29:32 PM
Old 03-23-2011
You could use a buffer, chomp until you find the line with the 1000, then delimit by spaces or tabs (whatever the character is):
Code:
while($buffer = <MYFILE>)
{
  chomp($buffer);
  if('1000' eq (substr $buffer,0,4))
  {
     my @array = split /\s/,$buffer;
     print($array[0] . " " . $array[1] . " " . $array[2] . "\n";
  }
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove specific lines from flat file using perl

Hi, Here is wat im looking for.. i have a flat file which looks like this.. 00 * * * * .. .. * * text text text COL1 COL2 ----- ----- 1 a (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the specific lines from file using perl

Can anyone tell me what could be the solution to following : I have one .txt file which contains some "seed" information. This seed may appear multiple time in the file so what I want do is if this seed appears again in the file then that line should be removed. Please provide the script code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipakg
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use vi to replace specific line of text only

hi all, i am new bee to Unix. i know how to replace text for range of lines in vi for e.g. replace | with |||| for line 4 through 7 using vi : 4,7s/|/||||/g but i have to replace | with |||| only for line no 4, 7 and 10 using vi only!!! your help will be appreciated! thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranav.pandya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove and replace text in a file

Hello all, How would I go to a particular line in a file and remove certain text from it and replace with something that I want it to be there. like: file /etc/abc now look for line HOME="/export/xyz" in /etc/abc and then replace with HOME=/"export/xyz1" thanks in advance guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl use split and remove specific character

i want to split the input by a space and remove specific characters like full stop, comma...... etc. and then save each word in an array. i got something below, but it didn't work. can anyone please help me? Thank you #!/usr/bin/perl -w while (<>) { $line = <>; @word = split(' ',... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in SPECIFIC multiple files

I have a list of files with different file names and ext that i need replace(saved as file_list.txt.) i just want to replace from a specific file list. i obtain an error saying lint not found. Plz help. Thx perl -e "s/$NAME/$T_NAME/gi;" -pi $(find . -type f | xargs -0 lint -e < file_list.txt) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yvmy
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove last text of a file that have specific pattern

Input file matrix-remodelling_associated_8_ aurora_interacting_1_ L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B_ . . Output file matrix-remodelling_associated_8 aurora_interacting_1 L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find from file and replace with specific text

Dear All, I do not have any knowledge of scripting. I want to replace specific lines of a text file with a specific text. Like I have one file which is "original file" and one file "changes file" which has list of lines which I want to replace in original file with a specific string. I want the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: libras
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace and remove few junk characters from a specific field?

I would like to remove all characters starting with "%" and ending with ")" in the 4th field - please help!! 1412007819.864 /device/services/heartbeatxx 204 0.547%!i(int=0) 0.434 0.112 1412007819.866 /device/services/heartbeatxx 204 0.547%!i(int=1) 0.423 0.123... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: snemuk14
10 Replies
TBUF(3pub)																TBUF(3pub)

NAME
tbuf_create, tbuf_destroy, tbuf_copy, tbuf_cat, tbuf_length, tbuf_chars - manipulate text editor buffer SYNOPSIS
#include <publib.h> Tbuf *tbuf_create(const char *chars, size_t len); void tbuf_destroy(Tbuf *tbuf); Tbuf *tbuf_copy(Tbuf *tbuf, size_t offset, size_tlen); Tbuf *tbuf_cat(Tbuf *tbuf, Tbuf * tbuf); size_t tbuf_length(Tbuf *tbuf); void tbuf_chars(char *chars, Tbuf *tbuf, size_t offset, size_t len); DESCRIPTION
These routines create and manipulate simple text editor buffers, which can also be thought of as arbitrarily large text strings. The buf- fers are one-dimensional (i.e., not automatically divided into lines), and are indexed with character offsets. They are 8-bit and binary clean, i.e., they may contain any 8-bit characters, including the zero byte (''). tbuf_create creates a buffer from a C character array, and tbuf_destroy destroys it. Once it's created, a buffer may not be modified. Instead, a new buffer needs to be created, using tbuf_cat and tbuf_copy. They create the new buffer so that it shares as much memory as possible with the old buffer, so the immutability does not necessarily waste memory much. By never changing a buffer, it is rather simple to implement undo and redo: you only need to keep a list of buffers and display the suitable one to the user. The caller should remember to call tbuf_destroy for unnecessary buffers, of course. tbuf_length returns the number of characters in the buffer. tbuf_copy copies part of a buffer into a C character array. The array is not zero-terminated; the caller must do it himself. RETURN VALUE
tbuf_create, tbuf_copy, and tbuf_cat return a pointer to the new buffer, or NULL if the operation failed. tbuf_length returns the number of characters in the buffer. tbuf_destroy and tbuf_chars return nothing and cannot fail. SEE ALSO
publib(3), sbuf(3) AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius, liw@iki.fi. TBUF(3pub)